Hello new friends!

JPriceGA
JPriceGA Posts: 508 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there! I joined this site yesterday, and I'm very excited about it. I'd been planning to start to write down my daily food intake - actually procrastinating about it for a while now. I stumbled upon two references to this site, so I thought I'd check it out. LOVE IT so far!

Congratulations to all who have been successful here. I hope to join in with you.

10 years of sitting too much, exercising too little and eating whatever was handy have caught up with me. I've been "trying" to do something about it off and on - gee, about 5 years now. I'd bee "on task" for about 6 weeks, then back to normal for nearly the rest of the year. Hmm not an effective strategy.

August of 07 tried again - had a 21 day detox diet plan I followed, exercised nearly every day, blah blah and only lost 2 lbs. I "gave up" after that - 1 yr later and 13 lbs heavier, I realized this isn't working very well.

So, since August of this year, I've been focusing more on changing lifestyle and being more consistent. Since then I've lost 9 lbs. I've stayed right around there since the end of October, so I'm ready to add a new dimension to my plan.

My expectation is that the combination of writing down what I eat - the nutritional calculators and reports provided by this site, and your support will be the missing pieces I've been looking for!

Replies

• JPriceGA
    JPriceGA Posts: 508 Member
    Hi there! I joined this site yesterday, and I'm very excited about it. I'd been planning to start to write down my daily food intake - actually procrastinating about it for a while now. I stumbled upon two references to this site, so I thought I'd check it out. LOVE IT so far!

Congratulations to all who have been successful here. I hope to join in with you.

10 years of sitting too much, exercising too little and eating whatever was handy have caught up with me. I've been "trying" to do something about it off and on - gee, about 5 years now. I'd bee "on task" for about 6 weeks, then back to normal for nearly the rest of the year. Hmm not an effective strategy.

August of 07 tried again - had a 21 day detox diet plan I followed, exercised nearly every day, blah blah and only lost 2 lbs. I "gave up" after that - 1 yr later and 13 lbs heavier, I realized this isn't working very well.

So, since August of this year, I've been focusing more on changing lifestyle and being more consistent. Since then I've lost 9 lbs. I've stayed right around there since the end of October, so I'm ready to add a new dimension to my plan.

My expectation is that the combination of writing down what I eat - the nutritional calculators and reports provided by this site, and your support will be the missing pieces I've been looking for!
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Welcome!! Here is cheers to the holiday and to you making a life change :drinker:
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Welcome!! Here is cheers to the holiday and to you making a life change :drinker:
  • gsschulte
    gsschulte Posts: 79 Member
    I had as similar story mine started in 2002 and i found this site not to long ago so i am hoping that it will help. The food diary feature is the best one i have seen so that a real bonus. just remember that it takes time and hard work.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Welcome! I hope this site will be the "missing link" you've been needing. I really like it a lot.:happy: Best success in your goals!
  • FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Welcome aboard! You'll love this site - it's so informative and useful........... everyone is so supportive and quick to reply to any request you might have.

Don't forget to get a good exercise program - one that you like and will stick with. For me, it's been the DVD series that keeps me going.

Figure out what works well for you and your body - and count your calories.....eat your exercise calories; good reason to exercise! it lets you eat more!!!

When you are ready, add a heart rate monitor. It counts exercise calories burned and helps you to know where you are at - keeps you motivated to continue.

Good Luck and See you again,

109006.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
This discussion has been closed.