Are YOU a musician? Come join this thread! :D

Options

Replies

• kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I am a Band Director so I can play most wind/percussion instruments at a basic level.. Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Trumpet, horn, trombone, baritone, tuba, drums, and mallets. Not real solid on the piano or the stringed instruments though I can fumble around on the bass... My major instrument was the Tuba and started on the Euphonium (baritone)....
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I am a Bassoon player performing in two symphonic groups.

I am also fluent with Clarinet, Flute, Bari Sax, Piano and Mallet Percussion.
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I sing, but not publicly.

Actually, when I was sixteen I had the chance to sing backup for a local band, but when I met them to tryout with them, I couldn't bring myself to sing because I just... can't sing publicly, ha. I still get mad at myself for missing such an opportunity. =(.
  • smkafka
    smkafka Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am a Mezzo Soprano and sing in Wausau Pro Musica and my church choir. I use to play clarinet and guitar. I play piano.
  • synthfaerie
    synthfaerie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a multi-instrumentalist and study at an academy for contemporary music.
    I was in orchestra and band throughout middle school and high school.

I play the guitar (my baby is a danelectro 59 O), bass, piano, and cello like it's no thang~ I've also played the tenor sax, oboe, theremin, and the sitar. I sing occasionally, but I have learned that even great singers can sound awful live. If you can't get over your nerves even somewhat when it comes to singing, you're not in for a decent experience... and I don't like that kind of live embarrassment. :P

I've been in a couple of bands. I'll probably be in a few more before I get old.
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    Guitar...Rock, Blues and acostic stuff...Love to jam with my favorite guitarists...
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Gospel trumpet player here!
    I also play the rest of the brass family (trombone, tuba, euphonium).

Semi-amateur on keyboard, bass guitar, and guitar.
  • BlackmetalCoffee79
    BlackmetalCoffee79 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Play a little guitar and bass. Master of neither. :smile:
  • grendel322
    grendel322 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I was in a power pop/new wave band in a previous lifetime. I was the primary songwriter, played rhythm guitar, various percussion implements, and was also the lead singer. Still plunk the acoustic, look longingly at the 12 string Rick (it needs a new bridge and I haven't had time or impetus!) and actually sang with my old guitarist on some demos last fall.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Sing ( Classicaly trained... so I can belt out some Opera :noway: ... haha...but love to sing lots of different styles ;) And play a bit of guitar :bigsmile:
  • avalonmaiara
    Options
    i'm a dancer ;) does that count? and can play the piano :) any other dancers out there??
  • thomaslh83
    thomaslh83 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I play guitar, bass and piano!
  • Nikki881
    Nikki881 Posts: 203
    Options
    I'm a classically trained pianist (have been playing for 20 years), and I also love to sing!
  • thejen75
    thejen75 Posts: 90
    Options
    piano, violin, accordian ( I'm Polish, lol ) and I sing!
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    Used to play guitar, but 'arthur' ruined it for me. :(

Have a music ministry and go to rest homes, assisted living, nursing homes, etc. and present a music program of southern gospel and old hymns. Music has always been in my life, as I made my 'debut' at age three, my entire family were musicians/singers. Praising Him is my life!
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I am a singer, never learned to play an instrument well though, regretfully.
  • Babyglass13
    Options
    Played alto sax in JH, but transitioned to French Horn in 8th grade. Stuck with that through college. My major was vocal music Ed., so I'm classically trained, but my heart lies with singing jazz. I was also a High School choir director for 8 years, but I'm taking a break to be a stay-at-home Mom.
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I sing and play the trumpet. Trying to learn the uke.
  • speednut
    speednut Posts: 82
    Options
    guitar & drums here (as a hobby, not professionally)
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I play drums....poorly. I do it almost every day