Hi, I'm new too

Options
I just got done talking to my sister and she told me about this site. We have both been encouraging each other to excersise and lose weight. I am glad I read through some of the messages. I was going to start "after the holidays" :tongue: but I can see there are plenty of brave people who are starting right away. It encourages me to do this too. I am such a procrastinator and that's almost two weeks that I could make a difference (I hope :wink: )
I am glad mys sister sent me the website and she will be happy to hear I am ready to start.
Wish me strength!

Replies

• dawn717
    dawn717 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just got done talking to my sister and she told me about this site. We have both been encouraging each other to excersise and lose weight. I am glad I read through some of the messages. I was going to start "after the holidays" :tongue: but I can see there are plenty of brave people who are starting right away. It encourages me to do this too. I am such a procrastinator and that's almost two weeks that I could make a difference (I hope :wink: )
    I am glad mys sister sent me the website and she will be happy to hear I am ready to start.
    Wish me strength!
  • gsschulte
    gsschulte Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    my sister sent this to me as well lol. good luck and remember that it will take a bit but if you keep at it you will succeed.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
    Ps. I told my sister about this site, and between us, we've lost over 80 pounds so far!
    I hope it does the same for you and your sister!
  • dawn717
    Options
    Thank you for the advise. I have been reading the messages and probably the best thing about the site is the really friendly messages. I like the idea of putting the food in before you eat it. It already made me change the quantity of what I was planning for lunch. I think my biggest downfall is not thinking about the amount that I eat.
  • dianam
    Options
    This is great. I am so glad to read your messages.
    i just loged what i remember of what I atet the last three days
    Wow, i can't beleive the total. I thought i was only eatting a little of this and a little of that
    and , there was no exerise to log in.eek
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP dawn717:flowerforyou: Glad your Sister sent you the link as well:drinker: :bigsmile:

I'm already enjoying your posts:happy: :bigsmile:

FC:heart:
  • dawn717
    Options
    wow Fitness Chick! You are doing such a wonderful job with your weight loss. :flowerforyou: You are certainly an inspration to others.:drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Welcome this is a great place to be. It has helped me to think about what I am putting in my mouth. The people here are wonderful. I like reading their success stories. That gives me food for thought. :happy: :drinker: here's to you and your sister
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll love it here! Lots of wonderful, friendly people!!

I wish you much success!! :bigsmile:
  • catress
    Options
    Hello I am also new
  • dianam
    Options
    Welcome Catress, Great to see you get a start before the New Year. Did your Sister give you a push too
  • shelle1908s
    shelle1908s Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am very new! It appears based on what i have read thus far everyone seems to be very supportive. I hope that i can bring this and more to the forum.
  • gis35
    gis35 Posts: 54
    Options
    welcome Dawn:smile:
  • aorose
    Options
    Welcome Aboard,

Sisters are the greatest. Mine is one of my inspirations. She has lost a significant amount of weight using weight watchers. Unfortunately I don't have the money to spend on that program and I live in a very rural area where there are no meetings. I think that this web site will be just as beneficial to me however.

I look forward to sheeding the pounds with you.

Angel
  • kammiller
    Options
    Welcome all you new people and good luck just try and you will see success