yellowish palms and bottom of feet..

Options
2»

Replies

• JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

I dont eat 1,400 PLUS my exercise calories. I eat a total of 1,400-1,500 a day.

Well then I might go back to my original theory. If you are exercising a lot (say you burn 800 calories a workout) then it's like eating 700 calories a day. How much do you workout? What type of workouts do you do?

Well, I do either running for a half an hour or I go on a 2 hour long walk with my son outside. Also, I do zumba 2 days a week. I do ONE of these cardio exercises every day. I also do Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred 2-3 times a week. I THOUGHT I was burning a lot more calories than I was until I spent 120 dollars on an HRM and found out that I burn very little calories per workout. This is because I'm in very good shape so I dont burn as much as other people. Its just the way my body is no matter how hard I push myself.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

Well then I might go back to my original theory. If you are exercising a lot (say you burn 800 calories a workout) then it's like eating 700 calories a day. How much do you workout? What type of workouts do you do?

Well, I do either running for a half an hour or I go on a 2 hour long walk with my son outside. Also, I do zumba 2 days a week. I do ONE of these cardio exercises every day. I also do Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred 2-3 times a week. I THOUGHT I was burning a lot more calories than I was until I spent 120 dollars on an HRM and found out that I burn very little calories per workout. This is because I'm in very good shape so I dont burn as much as other people. Its just the way my body is no matter how hard I push myself.

Make sure you have your HRM set up correctly. If something isn't right, then it will calculate wrong. But also, I would still eat more. I woudl look to increase your calories. Below is a tool that can help figure out what your caloric needs are. Input your stats and post the results. I can further explain if you need me too.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

I have a feeling you should be aiming to eat 1700 calories a day or more.
  • JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

Make sure you have your HRM set up correctly. If something isn't right, then it will calculate wrong. But also, I would still eat more. I woudl look to increase your calories. Below is a tool that can help figure out what your caloric needs are. Input your stats and post the results. I can further explain if you need me too.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

I have a feeling you should be aiming to eat 1700 calories a day or more.

My HRM is set up perfectly. I even used my Zumba instructors once and it said the same amount of calorie burn. Im in good shape. its normal. I'm perfectly happy eating the amount of calories that i eat. I eat sooo much and when Im not exercising, Im not very active at all. Im a stay at home mom so its not like im doing some crazy active work every day.
  • roasters1
    Options
    Hi,
    I have this same thing and I found out that I have a sluggish liver with lot of congestion.( liver stones which inhibited my bile production. Bile is important b/c it's salts are critical for digestion and absorption of fats and fat-soluble vitamins in the small intestine.You can take a stool analysis test to see how your organs are functioning. The liver is such an important organ and when it is functioning sub par the other organs have to compensate. The awesome thing is that the liver can totally regenerate. Good luck!
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    carotenemia - basically you've ingested an overabundance of carotenoids, and being fat soluble, the are now stored in your subcutaneous fat layer, and are noticing it on the palest parts of your body ...

Hypothyroidism- Thyroid hormone is needed for turning carotenoids into usable Vitamin A, lack of thyroid hormone (i.e. hypothyroidism) will cause said carotenoids to be stored instead of utilized ...