Bowflex or other Strength training equipment

Options
Anyone have or use one of the bowflex machines? I pretty much have my own gym in my basement, but I don't have any strength training equipment and am looking to get some(aside from some hand weights).

If you have a home gym, do you have strength training machine(s)? What do you use?

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I bought a bowflex Xtreme SE 2 from craig's list...if you are persistent, you can find a good deal because people look to get rid of their bowflex machines from time to time. I enjoy the bowflex machine, but I also acquired a good dumbbell bench (Body Solid) that inclines, declines and lays flat...along with adjustable dumbbells. Finally, I have a stability ball. I use all of the equipment and enjoy it all. Its nice to include resistance training in your routine, and mix it up from time to time.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I bought a $200 Weider because I wasn't sure if I was ready for the commitment a Bowflex required for the assloads of money it costs. I love my Weider! I work out on it 4 days a week in combination with cardio and it's the best work out I've ever done.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I got my bowflex secondhand from my Father-in-law. And I love it!!! I've been using it for about 5 weeks and can really see changes in my body. You should try and get a used one, cause they aren't cheap. I was lucky to get this one, it's like new and all the attachments were there. I do suggest you include cardio along with your strength training, it works for me. Good luck!!!!
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    We have a Bowflex as well. We got it at a local sporting goods store. I will admit, I don't use it much but my husband does. He can do a 20 minute routine and see results pretty quickly. He loves it! I splurged and bought the Bowflex Treadclimber, so that is where I invest most of my energy. And I LOVE it! All in all, I believe that whatever piece of Bowflex equipment you invest in is DEFINITELY worth the money.
  • TrainersRoom
    Options
    I don't have the bowflex revolution, but it seems alot of people like it because it is as smooth as normal weights. A con is price, its monstrous size, and how you must be tall for all its benefits, according to the reviews I've read.