stereotypes!

Options
2»

Replies

• scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I've been told by quite a few people that when they first met me they expected me to be a total airhead, high maintenance princess and a complete b*tch. I think I should be offended by that maybe?

But after getting to know me I think people are surprised by my intelligence and how outdoorsy and active I am. I've actually had several people ask me where I got so smart or how I knew so much. Also, no one really believes that I actually like hiking, rock climbing, etc apparently I don't "look" like that kind of person. Again, not sure if I should be offended by that.

that's interesting. and that also raises the question of what does 'smart' or 'outdoorsy' look like..

Exactly. I like busting up stereotypes though. The looks on people's faces when they realize they were so so wrong is just priceless
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    hmmm.... Im always laughing and cracking jokes so people often assume that Im outgoing and funny. But really Im pretty shy around new people and situations. Being funny is my way of coping with that nervousness.
    Now once I get to know you.... the inappropriate jokes and general goofiness of me really come out. So, Im not far from what they assume me to be.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Dont know why but ive have numerous people say that when they f1st saw me, without talking to me, that i looked like a *****. LOL> Then after they got to talk to me and got to know me, they felt stupid. I get that "*****" comment all the time. Guess i just look like a *****.
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm outrageously inappropriate...and blunt. I honestly have no idea what people think of me. Although my SO's mother recently told me I was intimidating. NOT a word I would use to describe myself. I love to make people laugh, and find I usually say what others only think. I have found that people either love me or hate me...there is no middle ground. And unless it's someone I care about, I really don't give a rip what people think. I'm in my late 30's. Life is too short to "behave." Ugh...behaving. How.... boring.
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    I been told that I look mean and rude cause I don't talk much. After they get to me they find out I'm a big teddy bear and will talk your ear off lol. I'm just really shy when I meet someone
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    so what do you guys think a 'mean' person looks like? what about smart? intimidating?
  • Crystal3004
    Crystal3004 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i have been told by a lot of people that i act "white" (whatever that means) or im stuck up...until they really get to know me..then its im very silly and a great person to talk to!
  • bflicker11
    bflicker11 Posts: 296
    Options
    I've been told for years that I come off as snobby and stuck up. It's more me just being shy and laying low until I feel comfortable.