Merry Christmas from Afghanistan

Options
Well, its been forever since I have logged in on this site. I was mobilized with the Army National guard to Afghanistan. I went through some intense training and here I am. I weighed in at 232 and now I am down to 209 and losing. I plan to be a real lean 195 before I return. I will have to get some pictures up soon! I know most of you dont know me as people are coming and going on this sight. I plan to write at least once a week. I hope you all are doing well!!

Replies

• dixon5000
    dixon5000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Well, its been forever since I have logged in on this site. I was mobilized with the Army National guard to Afghanistan. I went through some intense training and here I am. I weighed in at 232 and now I am down to 209 and losing. I plan to be a real lean 195 before I return. I will have to get some pictures up soon! I know most of you dont know me as people are coming and going on this sight. I plan to write at least once a week. I hope you all are doing well!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Glad you popped in to drop us all a update note:happy:

Happy Holidays and continue to stay safe...:drinker:

Cheers & Congrats on the awesome weight drop!!:bigsmile:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    happy holidays to you also...
    please keep safe....
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas to you too! I would like to personally thank you for your service.
    :drinker: cheers to you!
  • dixon5000
    Options
    Thank you! Time goes by a lot quicker when I have people to chat with. I truely appreciate the support and will continue to stay motivated. I forgot to mention, that I actually have a small gym in the remote area I am in. I am located on a all Spanish Out Post. They love working out and the food is super healthy. Its alittle different tasting and they love fish ( served as a whole fish) and rabbit ( trying to get use to it) but it is keeping me away from snacking.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Time goes by a lot quicker when I have people to chat with. I truely appreciate the support and will continue to stay motivated. I forgot to mention, that I actually have a small gym in the remote area I am in. I am located on a all Spanish Out Post. They love working out and the food is super healthy. Its alittle different tasting and they love fish ( served as a whole fish) and rabbit ( trying to get use to it) but it is keeping me away from snacking.

good for you! I just can't wait for the holidays to be overwith, so I can get back on my regular routine....1 week and counting.
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss! Keep us posted on your progress.

I speak for many many people when I say THANK YOU (and your family) for the sacrifices you're making for us.

Merry Christmas and God Bless!
    Lynn
  • dixon5000
    Options
    Holidays are a killer back in the States. But after the 1st of Jan. Hit it hard... Its not bad to splurge here and there. The problem you run into is that most people feel guilty and fall off the healthy wagon. Your not going to gain a ton of weight from snacking over the holidays, but people feel guilty and they shouldn't. Your body needs it once in awhile.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Holidays are a killer back in the States. But after the 1st of Jan. Hit it hard... Its not bad to splurge here and there. The problem you run into is that most people feel guilty and fall off the healthy wagon. Your not going to gain a ton of weight from snacking over the holidays, but people feel guilty and they shouldn't. Your body needs it once in awhile.
    excellent points... it truly is the guilty part that can keep folks from jumpin right back on the path.....:drinker:
  • dixon5000
    Options
    I know its not easy to fight the guilt you feel when you work so hard prior to the Holidays. The only advise I could give if someone asked me for it, would be to add an additional quick work out somewhere which will make you feel great when your done, trust me! Your mind accepts the fact that splurging ONCE IN A WHILE with an additional work out will be all right. Just be careful not to splurge to much ( Common Sense). This is a crutch that should only be used during times like Christmas . It helped me! Plus your burning calories. I bet if you tried it, you would actually work out harder then you have done in a while. Thats what happens to me.
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    So is it hot there in Afghanistan? If so, that might help with weight loss? Does anyone there observe Christmas? I hope you do make the best of your time there and come back stronger and healthier. Thanks for being an inspiration for us all!
  • dixon5000
    Options
    It was 50 today but the other day it snowed. Temp. goes up and down here. I do not think they celebrate Christmas here as I havent seen any signs of it. Me and a couple of guys through a few toys over a wall where kids normally play today. I hate to see these kids without anything. It REALLY makes you appreciate what we have.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas!!
    0002013D.gif
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas, Dixon! We love and support you. Please check in when you can and let us know how you are doing. God bless you and your family!

:heart:
    Bobbie
  • honey2101
    Options
    Christmas wishes to you too, +be safe!!!!! xx
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas to you, too!
    God Bless You:flowerforyou:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    It was 50 today but the other day it snowed. Temp. goes up and down here. I do not think they celebrate Christmas here as I havent seen any signs of it. Me and a couple of guys through a few toys over a wall where kids normally play today. I hate to see these kids without anything. It REALLY makes you appreciate what we have.

That is so awesome of you -- you are a team of secret santas..

God bless you and all the troops, and keep you safe..

Fantastic job on the weight loss - keep up the good work..

jb
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    stay safe and happy christmas :flowerforyou:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas...stay safe...!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options