Greek yogurt in Canada

Options
lynn1982
lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
For the past two months I was eating Liberte brand greek yogurt with chia seeds and fruit mixed in. While I didn't love the taste, I found that adding fruit to it made the sourness of the yogurt more edible. However, I just spent the past 2 weeks in New York where I discovered Fage greek yogurt and Trader Joe's greek yogurt. Both taste so much less sour than Liberte and the consistency seems a bit less thick. Now I've come home and I cannot stomach the sourness of Liberte greek yogurt or the texture when combined with chia seeds. For those who live in Canada (or specifically Toronto), what kind of Greek yogurt do you buy? I live in Toronto and have only been able to find Liberte and President's Choice Greek yogurt, which I find taste the same.

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Hey I live in Toronto too! I don't know how this compares to Greek Yogurt but I buy Astro Balkan Style yogurt. Might want to give it a try.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hey I live in Toronto too! I don't know how this compares to Greek Yogurt but I buy Astro Balkan Style yogurt. Might want to give it a try.

I'm also from Toronto and LOVE the Astro Balkan Style Yogurt.
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I buy astro as well and the higher the fat content the milder the taste. I also have heard so much about how delicious the fage is and even fat free apparently. I am not a fat free fan anyways usually. You may not want to do this but I do find even 1 tsp. of a really good organic maple syrup sweetens it up a lot.
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Yes the balkan style in the red container is really yummy.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i'm in alberta...
    i do love greek yogurt... i get Astro plain yogurt and add fruit or honey if i need it sweetened.
  • JennSunshine
    Options
    Danone has just introduced their Oikos Greek Yogurt to Canada. They don't have the same varieties as the US which I really love. I haven't tried it yet, but if it is half as good then it will be worth the price.
    Also Chobani Greek Yogurt will be introduced to Toronto by the end of the year. You must try that one. It is by far my favourite Greek Yogurt.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! The grocery store closest to me is awful (it's small and they rarely restock regularly), so I didn't even know that Danone and Astro make Greek yogurt. Glad to hear there are more options! Thanks everyone for all the suggestions!!