Why is it....

Options
Why is it that it takes forever to lose 1 pound and only 1 day of over eating to gain it back???? Soooo demoralizing!!!!

Replies

• loki65
    loki65 Posts: 25
    Options
    Why is it that it takes forever to lose 1 pound and only 1 day of over eating to gain it back???? Soooo demoralizing!!!!
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    tomorrow is another day, you can only gain a pound if you eat 3,500 extra calories on top of your daily allowance

i have eaten a lot today, but i will start again tomorrow :smile:

keep your chin up :flowerforyou:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Remember, that one pound gain may not be true gain. Since you're eating differently on a holiday, you may be consuming more sodium, and retaining water. Or your body could just have more bulk that hasn't been expelled yet. Give it a day or two of drinking extra water, before you count that pound as a gained back pound.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Yeah, glad I went for my run this morning, I'm going to have to workout extra hard tomorrow, but tonights dinner was FABULOUS!!
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Remind me??? Is it 3,500 calories over daily allowance or weekly allowance???
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Ain't the the truth!!
    At least it feel that way...I've gained back about 1.5-2 pounds over the Holiday (so far)
    Today is going to be tough, but I am going ot stick to my eating plan and loose those pesky pounds

GOOD LUCKKKK
    Kim
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

3500 calories = 1 pound
    So if you eat an extra 3500 calories over the course of a week, you'll gain 1 pound. If you can manage to eat an extra 3500 calories in one day(which is a LOT), you'll gain 1 pound.
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    it's always tough this time of year. i dont even want to know how much i've gained over christmas, but what i do want to think about is how much i enjoyed spending time with my family. start over tomorrow, it's all good.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

3500 calories = 1 pound
    So if you eat an extra 3500 calories over the course of a week, you'll gain 1 pound. If you can manage to eat an extra 3500 calories in one day(which is a LOT), you'll gain 1 pound.

It isn't that much when you MIL fills your stocking with hohos & snack cakes. :grumble: I think I gained 5...
  • X_c0nfuZed_X
    Options
    that really doesnt make sense, All I ate yesterday was my christmas dinner and I've gained 4lbs!
    and I really doubt the dinner filled my 1200 calories, let alone go over it. :frown:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

3500 calories = 1 pound

It isn't that much when you MIL fills your stocking with hohos & snack cakes. :grumble: I think I gained 5...

I know! Yesterday I went over by like 1600. I did that when we did Christmas at the IL's last weekend too. So there's a pound I'm sure. That's why I'm avoiding the scale for now. Because I don't want eatdrink054.gif
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    LMAO, Lori. I vowed not to get on for a week...and this time I'm sticking to it. You know how I'm a scale addict. Didn't get on it today at all! I'm proud of me. :bigsmile:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    that really doesnt make sense, All I ate yesterday was my christmas dinner and I've gained 4lbs!
    and I really doubt the dinner filled my 1200 calories, let alone go over it. :frown:

That is probably water weight. I would imagine that you also had much more salt and processed food yesterday than you normally eat. It's water, once you return to your normal heathy eating habits it will go away. That's why it's important to get back on track now and not just run the holiday until New Year's Day.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I'm up 5 pounds from these holidays. And there is still leftovers-DANG IT!:sad:
  • loki65
    Options
    I weigh myself on Mondays and I am trying NOT to get on the scale until then!!! I actually didn't do as bad as I thought wednesday, but I really blew it yesterday!!!! :sad: Did good today though, even with all the cookies & stuff still around...good luck to us all...and tomorrow is always another day to start again....
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I'm up 5 pounds from these holidays. And there is still leftovers-DANG IT!:sad:

Im right with ya on the leftovers!:grumble: Boy, will I be glad when they're gone and I can start cooking chicken breasts again!:wink::laugh:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    LMAO, Lori. I vowed not to get on for a week...and this time I'm sticking to it. You know how I'm a scale addict. Didn't get on it today at all! I'm proud of me. :bigsmile:

Good for you 3BB!!:drinker: Im not gonna DARE step on that scale again until the 30th:laugh: And the only reason I will get on it then is because I joined the BL challenge on here that starts Jan 1st and we have to have our weights sent in by the 30th. Otherwise, I wouldnt touch that scale till about a week or so into the New Year!!:laugh:
  • loki65
    Options
    I work in a school & I always count down the days with the kids until the holidays....maybe I should actually be doing a countdown until all of the holiday food is gone!!! :wink: