I have reached a plateau, No more loss happening

Options
I started my weight loss regime at 196 pounds and have tried the following regime in exercise and diet:

Exercise: . 5 Days a week, jogging 3 km + light weights
Food : I tried Tim Ferris's diet from his book "4 Hour Body".

It was not possible to follow his diet in totality as I am a vegetarian and living off beans and Green vegetables was getting on nerves! So I followed the following diet plan:

1. Morning: Whey -1 Scoop, Cereals with Milk, Tea with Sugar and Milk
2. Afternoon: Salad (with Beans, lentils, Salsa etc) + Curd
3. Evening (Post workout): Salad (with Beans, lentils, Salsa etc)

5 Days a week I would follow this to the tee but on weekends there is drinking (I drink Red Wine, Scotch Whiskey or Bacardi), 2-3 days a week.

What happened was that I started losing weight quickly and lot almost 15 pounds within 30 days. Thereafter, one friends reunion trip out of town and 5 days of continues drinking X 2 weeks has put me in a plateau situation.

My weight is not dropping beyond 182 Pounds. Its stuck. I can see some muscle buildup but no loss in weight!

Please give me some inputs so that I drop the weight quickly now!

Replies

• srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Um, it's not actually a plateau if the reason you are not losing weight is because you are drinking and eating off plan... So from what you said, it was working when you followed the plan and weren't drinking a lot, and weight loss stopped when you started partying with friends... perhaps you should go back to eating right and cut back on the drinking.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Drinking might be throwing you over your calories. It's hard to say.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    you will have no way to drop the weight quickly i am affraid the healthy way is 1-2 lb a week!
    as for the plataux if you have hit one already i would measure yourself it could be muscle gain,it could be a funny 5 mins your body is having sometimes it just does it.
    if you are having enough cals,exersiceing,water,then hey just try jiggling your diet and exersice around a little and se if it helps...
    good luck x
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Some changes made and results showed up in 3 days!