Does anyone else on here "Eat Clean"?

Options
I've recently started eating clean after reading Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet book. It's tough to start but it makes so much sense and it isn't a stupid fad diet. I studied Biology at college so I know a mad diet when I see one and this is great. It's not going to be easy because I'll miss my junk food but junk food really is just that, a load of old rot.

Replies

• catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I love old rot, can't give it up completely.
  • Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am interested in learning more about it. Any info you have to share would be great! Feel free to friend me on here :)
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I have that book also. I've been eating a lot cleaner, just not completely clean, I admit.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i eat clean 95% of the time. I haven't read that book but i dont eat processed stuff
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I don't have the book, but I have started switching some foods out for cleaner varieties. I still have certain things that I "cheat" with because I just don't want to give up some of my old favorites.
  • Tjkramer95
    Options
    Subscribe to the Clean Eating magazine. It's filled with great recipes, tips and suggested shopping lists every month.
  • talon1977
    Options
    I would love to learn more about it myself. I am trying to eat mostly all natural foods (fruits, veggies, white meats, etc). You are right junk food is so process and has so many additives it polutes our system. Thank you for sharing.
  • Nancymcgregor
    Nancymcgregor Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I think I will have a cheat meal once a week or I'd go nuts.

Eating clean is basically eating unprocessed foods that are naturally low in fat and good for you. It was originally made by bodybuilders. You eat 5/6 small meals a day and no junk food allowed. Only fresh food.

http://www.eatcleandiet.com/
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    eating clean is relevent to the person. Meaning, "eating clean" means different things to different people.
  • portexploit
    Options
    I think I will have a cheat meal once a week or I'd go nuts.

Eating clean is basically eating unprocessed foods that are naturally low in fat and good for you. It was originally made by bodybuilders. You eat 5/6 small meals a day and no junk food allowed. Only fresh food.

I'd pick high in fat compared to high in carbs anyday.
  • ts014
    ts014 Posts: 34
    Options
    I dont have the book either and I feel that I eat about 90-95% clean. Its the only way to truly do it if you want to lose and be healthy! The magazine sounds good I will have to look into that. Two other great books that I read on the topic are "The perfect 10 diet" and Jillian Michaels "master your metabolism".
  • Nancymcgregor
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels, She lives a pretty clean diet too. I've always had a hard time understanding diets that encourage eating things loaded with chemicals and preservatives. Believe me if you saw the damage that crap does to your body you'd think twice. I love junk food, hell I wouldn't be 70lbs overweight if I didn't but enough is enough for me.
  • portexploit
    Options
    Is this a book by Jillian Michaels? I am doing alkalarian diet. The ultimate indicator of health is the pH balance of your blood. From your common cold, to cancer is acid related. 95% of the foods on the are acid producing. I eat 90% dark green vegetables. To me this is clean eating. This is why I said earlier “clean is a relevant word.” What may be clean to you may be very toxic to me, or the other way around. A low carber would say a clean diet is a diet low in carbs.

I saw your diet, the only thing is acceptable on my diet is the flax seed, not your salad because it has peppers. Looks like the only thing that is acceptable to me is the flax seed oil. Your body needs fats, all of your hormonal processes run on fat. They release CCK(Cholecystokinin) which helps keep you full for longer periods of times. Diets high in complex carbs have been linked to heart disease.

Oh and of course i eat a free day once a week. Yesterday was my free day.
  • Nancymcgregor
    Options
    At the end of the day everyone will have there own way to be healthy. I've tried low carb diets and they just make me feel exhausted all the time.
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    eating clean is relevent to the person. Meaning, "eating clean" means different things to different people.

Agreed! The bible talks about "clean" and "unclean" foods. And pig is "unclean" ... Leveticus 11

So I don't eat pig, etc... to me that could mean I'm "eating clean" even though every once in a while I'll eat ice cream or m&ms etc
  • Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Subscribe to the Clean Eating magazine. It's filled with great recipes, tips and suggested shopping lists every month.

I'm going to look into this! Thanks
  • liezelcha
    liezelcha Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Like others have mentioned, eating clean really does mean different things to different poeple. When I started researching it I found a thousand different versions depending on who you talked to about it. I've Read Tosca'a book. I am now moving towards eating unprocessed foods. Eating clean to me means antibiotic free meats and organic veggies. I haven't make a complete transition because my husband isn't on board and he likes to eat out alot. I make adjustments when he and I are together and I eat mostly unprocessed when it's just me. I do eat beans, brown rice, steel cut oats just not the instant oats or canned beans. I actually don't eat a great deal of meat either.I started because I wanted to reduce my sodium and after studyign it I thought I would take things a little further.
    It's a littlr more work but you can prep your food at the beginning of the week or for several days at a time. This way you can carry your lunch and snacks to work.

I'm not sure yet where I want to end up but I immediately dropped weight and started feeling better. I just started the c25k training and let me tell you thats a minor miracle in itself!!

Good luck in your quest, I know how confusing it can be with sooooooo much info.:bigsmile:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I wash all my food before eating it.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options

They also have a best of cookbook, everything I have ever made (at least 20 things) have been delic. It's my fav. go to cook book.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I wash all my food before eating it.

LOL :laugh: