I guess this is a weird Question?

Options
Okay so let me give you the dl. My TOM has NEVER came regularly! I am likely to skip monthes or be many days late so my question is even though I do this, the date which should be TOM am I still bloating and probably gaining weight because of my hormones? Im only 20 But TOM as always been like this even on BC! Please help I am just curious if thats the reason for the Weight stand still on week 2 or of its because of Fat old Santa letting everybody cook:laugh: Thanks ahead of time
:heart:
Summer

Replies

• FloridaGatorGirl
    Options
    Okay so let me give you the dl. My TOM has NEVER came regularly! I am likely to skip monthes or be many days late so my question is even though I do this, the date which should be TOM am I still bloating and probably gaining weight because of my hormones? Im only 20 But TOM as always been like this even on BC! Please help I am just curious if thats the reason for the Weight stand still on week 2 or of its because of Fat old Santa letting everybody cook:laugh: Thanks ahead of time
    :heart:
    Summer
  • cediyam
    cediyam Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    hiya..You should probably talk to a doctor about this.. it could be a number of things.
  • FloridaGatorGirl
    Options
    Ive been to several different doctors. The ones that Havent told me its just my body have told me not to worry about it unless I start having other problems (for example--a cant get preggo when i want to of extremely painful cramps:sick: ). Sometimes I just think doctors are too afraid to say they dont know whats wrong and to refer you to a different doctor but thats a completely different thread!!! lol:laugh:
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I ironically have recent experience on this topic that is actually useful! :happy: Since ending BC 5 years ago, I have been as regular as clockwork. However, this past month, my TOM was late. Very unusual for me. After 4 pregnancy tests just to be sure, I went to the doctor and she told me the same thing yours did. She said that a number a things can throw a women's cycle off and to just wait for it to come. But, when I was suppose to have my TOM, by body acted as if I was getting it...tired, bloated, light cramps, etc. But, then it never came. So, in my fairly unprofessional medical opinion, I would say yes, that it would be normal to be bloated and such when you are suppose to have your TOM. Whether it's hormones or not I'm not sure, but it probably is related to that. I'm glad to hear that you have had it checked out, but I know what a pain it is to never quite know what to expect from your own body. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    I would blame this one on Santa!

Keep an eye on it in the future and watch for patterns.

Then you will know! :flowerforyou:

Your body is just trying to figure out what is going on when you start making changes in the beginning and can be moody. Don't stress and keep up the good work.
  • sheez_thegirl
    Options
    This is a great question. The same thing has happened to me. When Tom visits, my scale will not move. So I have decided not to weigh myself that week. Just keep doing what you're doing and things will fall into place when Tom goes home... Not to worry.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Okay I've studied this a little. Most typically when your TOM is late that means your ovulation is late. In most cases a woman will have her period around 2 weeks after she ovulates. Now in the vast majority of women they will ovulate 2 weeks after they're period. Then of coarse they will have a period 2 weeks after that those are the regular people. If you don't ovulate until 3 weeks after your period you will still have your period two weeks after you ovulate. Thus if you don't ovulate for 3 months, once you do ovulate you will have your period about 2 weeks after it.

So to answer your question, you really can't have PMS for 2 weeks. You may eat foods that can cause you to retain water and that might make you feel bloated, but I would guess that all the little bakers are making you that way. Don't feel bad. I've gained 4 pounds over the holiday.
  • FloridaGatorGirl
    Options
    thanks anna_banana----I tried the scale again today just to monitor myself and I was back to my weight loss to date --plus me and my hubby when to st augustine today and walked for about 2 or 3 hours so that should help lol<<Ps Thank you to everyone who has replied to my topic!