Does ALLI work?

Options
so, i'm sure you've heard about this relatively new weight loss supplement called alli? it's the only FDA approved weight loss supplement. it supposedly latches onto about a 1/4 of your fat intake so that the fat is not absorbed and is just passed through your body. it's supposed to be safe and blah blah. anyway... do you think it's worth trying? i'm not looking for a quick fix all though i am impatient. i'm looking to healthily lose weight and keep it off. but this seems to be different those other supplements like hydroxicut and slimquick. what do you guys think? healthy? effective? or dangerous and a waste of money?

Replies

• lemondropdreams
    Options
    so, i'm sure you've heard about this relatively new weight loss supplement called alli? it's the only FDA approved weight loss supplement. it supposedly latches onto about a 1/4 of your fat intake so that the fat is not absorbed and is just passed through your body. it's supposed to be safe and blah blah. anyway... do you think it's worth trying? i'm not looking for a quick fix all though i am impatient. i'm looking to healthily lose weight and keep it off. but this seems to be different those other supplements like hydroxicut and slimquick. what do you guys think? healthy? effective? or dangerous and a waste of money?
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Waste of money, I've lost twice as much in a month here and am keeping it off and no danger of crapping ma pants. :laugh:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Not really. In order for it to work properly it is recommended that you follow a diet and exercise plan. If you follow that plan and take Alli studies have shown that you'll loose an additional 6 pounds a year on average than if you had followed the same diet and exercise plan without the pill. It seems to me to be awfully expensive and has really nasty side effects for just an additional 6 pounds a year.

It will keep your body from asorbing as much fat, but you can do the same thing simply by limiting your caloric intake.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if Alli works or not but I do know that the extra fat that isn't absorbed into your body, definately makes it's way out quick fast and in a hurry, if you know what I mean.... a friend of mine tried it but only for a few days. She said it definately wasn't worth it. I'm like you, I wanna see results faster!! Instant results would be great but I try to remind myself, I didn't put on the weight overnight, therefore I definately won't lose it overnight. Healthy choices and working out, don't waste your money. You can do this!
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I've never taken it, but the rumor was leaky bu tt the entire time!!! REALLY? Is a pound or two extra in weight loss (if it works) worth the leaky rear end? I think not. :noway: