Healthy dinner ideas? :D **Healthy**

Options
I'm getting REALLY bored with our dinner menu. What's a few healthy dinner ideas you have that you wouldn't mind sharing?

Replies

• Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • DSummersCM
    Options
    My family loves oven fried chicken. It's a betty crocker recipe. I use corn flakes, flour and a bunch of spices. Then you bake it in a small about of butter. Not bad in calories and they love it!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    black bean quesadillas (had one for lunch today).
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Pork Chops and Lite Chicken Gumbo soup with 1/2 baked potato (you don't need the butter because you drizzle the left over soup -after baking the Pork Chops in it- over the potato) and lots of green veggies: Green beans, asparagus, broccoli, brussel sprouts, etc.
    Oh, and you brown the pork chops, put them in a casserole dish, pour the soup over them and bake 45 - 60 min. depending on bone-in, no bone, how many (usually 4) and how thick.
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    If you want something kinda interesting, I saw a taco concept earlier this week. I don't remember where it was from, but I added the recipe to my in-computer recipe book.

Skinny Taco Dip
    Servings: 24 • Serving Size: 1/24th of dip  Old Points: 1.5 pts  Points+: 2 pts
    Calories: 59.2 • Fat: 3.6 g  Protein: 2.2 g  Carb: 4.7 g  Fiber: 0.6 g

• 8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia cream cheese
    • 8 oz reduced fat sour cream
    • 16 oz jar mild salsa
    • 1 packet taco seasoning
    • 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
    • 2 large tomatoes, diced
    • 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
    • 2.25 oz black olives,
    In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and taco seasoning andmix well with an electric mixer. Spread on the bottom of a large shallow glass dish.Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese and black olives. Serve with baked tortilla chips.
  • gettinfitmama
    gettinfitmama Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    We're ready for fall and a bit cooler temperatures because we love crock pot meals like chili, chicken noodle soup and other yummy nutritious meals :)
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • instructor03
    instructor03 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Salmon topped with garlic, dill and lemon baked in a foil pouch. I use Walmart's prepackaged Salmon (already portioned) 100 cal.

Flatout Flatbread Pesto pizza with sliced tomatoes and mozz. cheese quickly put under broiler about 300 calories dependant upon what you use as toppings.

Biggest Loser Buffalo Chix meatloaf made with ground chix, lowfat blue cheese, hot sauce, shredded carrots and onion. Under 300 calories and nice size portion.

Fettucini Alfredo made with FF cream cheese, skim milk, butter and parmesan.
  • isabellammm
    isabellammm Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Try making different types of salads! Obviously lettuce alone is boring, but if you add in some olives, strawberries, apple, avocado, cherry tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, or some other things along those lines, you can really have a delicious dinner. Keeping it healthy though, use some type of vinaigrette instead of dressing.

Also, what I do a lot, is just eat a little bit of a lot of things-- a little rice with some veggies and some fish? I like lots of variety so my dinners are usually pretty random.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I second the salad idea (you can mix them up by adding nuts or fruit or a little lean meat).

I also second the foil (or baking-paper)-wrapped fish idea: you can use different types of fish with different other ingredients (sliced lemon, tomato, olives, capers, various herbs, and lemongrass all work well in different combinations). Serve with salad or cous cous.

Vegetable curries with lots of different fresh vegetables and not too much coconut milk are good. Serve with brown rice.

Pita pockets filled with marinated and grilled chicken breast, lamb or beef and plenty of salad (I love peri-peri chicken with cucumber, lettuce and tomato).

Dahl is always good (my favourite type is made with lentils, onions, tinned tomatoes and spice, and you can always throw in other vegetables, too). Larb is also super-easy and good for you (as long as it's served with salad or other veges). We usually make it with turkey mince instead of pork or chicken. Chilli beans can be healthy, too: serve with rice instead of corn chips, or just by themselves, and use non-fat yoghurt if you'd usually have them with sour cream.

And soups of all kinds!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    yummy! i'll post later