It happens every time "/

Options
So every time I start getting tons of compliments from ppl or those around me.. I start to feel more comfortable with myself and then I end up sabotaging what I worked so hard for, :sad: Anyone else do this? Or am I just alone here lol. I haven't been this thin in 7 years and I feel so much more confident and I'm finally starting to love myself again, but this past week I have eaten nothing but junk, mainly in the evenings and it just sucks. Time to set some goals and stick to it... sorry for all the ranting:indifferent:

Replies

• katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time. I need to constantly remind myself that if I want to keep getting compliments, I have to keep working -- and not shove food down my throat.
  • Gemini_at_36
    Options
    Hope you feel better after expressing self.:flowerforyou:
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    I am kind of the opposite. The more no one says anything and no one seems to notice the more I feel hopeless and what is the point and make bad choices, but I understand all too well about self sabatoge....hang in there.
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I use to do this a lot too. Maybe you can try doing some else like shopping, bowling, bike riding, or something to get ya moving. I try to avoid rewarding myself with food at all cost. I learned to celebrate my victories with new shoes- LOL
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I think I just needed to vent it out to someone lol. I made a list of goals in my journal and plan to stick with it. I know I can fight the temptations because I've done it before. I had a little pep talk with myself and feeling much better :wink:
  • babycakes311
    babycakes311 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing and its the reason why its taking me so long to get the rest of this weight off. Feel free to bounce ideas off of me for support also cause if your open to it I will do the same. I need a major push right now to get moving. Right now I look and feel like I'm losing but the scale isnt budging. I really need to take measurements so I dont get in a slump about the scale and then not work hard or eat the wrong stuff.
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate, and evenings are my worst time as well. I don't really know why I do it, but I am finding now I log all my food, even bad days, I don't eat as much on a bad day as I used to,. Hope you find the same:)
  • torsaer
    torsaer Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same too. I lost a bit of weight on my holiday, felt great, a few people mentioned it, and I can feel it creeping back on through my frankly dismal eating habits over the last week or so. Pure sabotage. I don't know why I do it but you might be right when you say you start to feel 'comfortable' and get slack. As cccaroline says, the way to cope is to log all food good and bad. Am hoping this will shame me into positive action! Good luck and don't worry - there are plenty of us in the same boat... :)
  • Nana_Anne
    Nana_Anne Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I suffered with this pain for too many years. I hid behind my fat as to cover the pain of a lifetime. I'm not that little kid anymore. I am sure I may feel an old twinge now and again but I can pray and give the old pain and fear to God.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,511 Member
    Options
    Success can be a fear for some deep down. Since many people are critiqued once they achieve success, to keep at it is..............well a job and lifestyle. It's easier to be a failure than it is to be successful which is why success is tough. Stay tough.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    During my plateau I learned something that I think will help me when I reach my goal weight or even when I need a break. That is that the more you lose the more your body will fight you so that even when you reach your goal weight your body will fight to take you back to your original weight. So in order to get your body to help you maintain a new weight you need to work hard to maintain a new weight for 2 months at least without gaining or losing. Sometimes we need a break from losing weight. What we need to do is maintain for 2 months to make it easier on our selves and get our body reset to this new weight. . Then it will not be so hard to either maintain it or to lose later when we are ready to do the work it takes to lose some more. It is really hard to have discipline to lose weight forever. If we planned these breaks when we need them and work with our bodies I think we could be more successful over time. I know this isn't quite what you are talking about but it is hard enough to fight our emotions and our bodies too. I think if when we see the motivation waining we planned a period of maintainance we would feel better than when we gain and have to lose what we had lost before. On top of that we would have our bodies working with us instead of against us. I have a link on this if you are interested.
  • JenInAustin
    JenInAustin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yeah, and I think what happens with me is that there is a sense of celebration at the weight loss. Then I eat the sweets and carbs I love for my celebration. And then the addiction of sugar and carbs and "good-feeling food" foods kicks in. It's like an old lover I've reconnected with and keep wanting more of.
    You've just gotta go to bed and sleep away the night cravings!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    Options
    During my plateau I learned something that I think will help me when I reach my goal weight or even when I need a break. That is that the more you lose the more your body will fight you so that even when you reach your goal weight your body will fight to take you back to your original weight. So in order to get your body to help you maintain a new weight you need to work hard to maintain a new weight for 2 months at least without gaining or losing. Sometimes we need a break from losing weight. What we need to do is maintain for 2 months to make it easier on our selves and get our body reset to this new weight. . Then it will not be so hard to either maintain it or to lose later when we are ready to do the work it takes to lose some more. It is really hard to have discipline to lose weight forever. If we planned these breaks when we need them and work with our bodies I think we could be more successful over time. I know this isn't quite what you are talking about but it is hard enough to fight our emotions and our bodies too. I think if when we see the motivation waining we planned a period of maintainance we would feel better than when we gain and have to lose what we had lost before. On top of that we would have our bodies working with us instead of against us. I have a link on this if you are interested.

would love the link, thanks!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I'm just too comfortable and think I look great already so I think to myself, oh I'm in no rush to lose the rest. I need to stop thinking that way and stick with my plan for the day. Also my husband isn't in this "lifestyle" with me so it makes it that much harder when he wants to eat out and wants something fattening or unhealthy for dinner.. a lot of temptations around me.