"I lost 20 lbs and 4 dress sizes"

Options
13»

Replies

• GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    When I see that on TV, I swear they must be counting even AND odd numbers when they say that (which is soooo cheating!).

I have lost 11 lbs and am still wearing the same clothes. My best friend swears she sees a difference, but she's nice like that and might be lying. I don't really notice a difference and I've never taken measurements, so I'm not sure. (I need to do that!)

I imagine I will drop TWO (maybe 3) dress sizes when I reach my goal weight - which will be almost 40 pounds lost. I have been wearing a 10 and I imagine I will be in a 6 when I'm done (maybe a 4 depending on the store/brand). There is NO WAY I could drop 4 sizes in 20 lbs.... it will be 2 or 3 sizes in 40 lbs!
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    When I see that on TV, I swear they must be counting even AND odd numbers when they say that (which is soooo cheating!).

LOL...I always roll my eyes at that :D

I am 5'6", starting weight 232, I am down 17lbs and I still can't fit into my smaller clothes...but I actually haven't paid attention to sizes. But my pants are fitting more loose...and I do feel like I see a difference in my belly. I do wish it would go from my face though LOL, I'm not too happy with my double (triple??) chin LOL.
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Not sure of the exact inches I've lost but I'm able to fit into pants I haven't worn in over 2 years and I'd have to say its mainly do to the strength training that I'm doing. Its made a world of a difference. When I tell people how much I've lost, their reaction is "really?? looks like you've lost a LOT more than that!"
  • zumba89
    zumba89 Posts: 82
    Options
    I'm the same way. I lose 20 but can still fit all my jeans and pants. They do feel loose but I can still walk around in them. Maybe I'll see more of a change when I lose 30.
  • cheekymonkeyface
    cheekymonkeyface Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I tend to average at 14lbs is a dress size for me, however this post goes to show us how all our bodies are so very different.

Well done to all you losers x
  • cheesesandwich
    cheesesandwich Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 lbs (16 since I started using MFP) and went from an 8 to a 2 - I'm still shocked every single time I go shopping.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I've lost probably around 20 lbs. total so far (I only started really weighing myself a couple of months ago), and went from a 10 to a 4 in pants. In dresses, I went from a 10 or 12 to an 8. Top-heavy, haha.

For statistics' sake, I'm 5 ft. 4.5 in. and 135 lbs. I guess it depends on how close you are to your goal?
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I'm similar. I lost 18lbs and I can fit in clothes I had that was snug and a few things that didn't fit at all. So I maybe went down like 1 pant size. Still buy 11's, I had one pair of 13's when I was at my heaviest. I refused to buy pants at that point. I was reluctant to at this point because I wanted to lose more, but it's a long road out of hell I decided.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    The time I lost the initial 10 lbs. I still wear the same clothes that I had when I started but only a little looser but still not qualified to a size smaller. I only dropped to one dress size when I lost 20 lbs... So far I have shrinked from a size XXL to M but that was after I lost 43 lbs. In my case I tend to lose the weight first then inches followed.