weird question for those who have lost a LOT of weight!

Options
I know this is going to sound strange, but did your feet change? I know mine got wider when I put on weight, and i'm curious as to whether that will change as I lose?

Replies

• megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Mine do.
    When I lost the weight before I got pregnant, I went from a 9.5 to an 8
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have heard that some people go down a size or two.
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, you lose weight every where! I wore a size 6 (UK) when I was at my heaviest and am now a size 3/4!
  • wannabefit4life
    Options
    Yes they did! I went down to a 9.5 wide from an 11 wide!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    it probably will. i havent lost a "lot" but i do notice that some of my shoes fit a little looser now
  • budkow
    budkow Posts: 39
    Options
    I used to need extra-wide shoes, but now I can wear "normal" shoes. The size I wear didn't change though, just the width. :-)
  • Bellyroll
    Bellyroll Posts: 316
    Options
    When I was at my smallest my foot was around 7 1/2 now 90 lbs later it is a size 10 1/2.
  • nelson6500
    Options
    I had sandals that I could not wear because they were too tight. This summer I pulled them out before sending to charity. I have now worn them all summer long!

I also had to get my rings resized. That I know is common but it still made me feel good.
  • angelahorne
    Options
    OH YEAH! i went from a 10 to a 9! all my shoes don't fit anymore!! some i wear an 8.5! it's crazy!
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    YEs, I have lost fifty pounds....and went down a whole size with my shoes! Im getting the shoe size I wore in high school! lol
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    ive lost 40 and i need all new shoes! I keep stepping out of them & it drives me nuts at work. my slacks keep getting caugt under my heel
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I know this is going to sound strange, but did your feet change? I know mine got wider when I put on weight, and i'm curious as to whether that will change as I lose?

YES! Everything will change (get smaller.)
  • jilers
    jilers Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It's not a weird question. The answer is yes. We tend to forget that we gain it throughout our whole bodies so conversely it would make sense to lose to the same way
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

yes. At my biggest i was a UK 10 (us 12). I'm a 9 now, and was getting into an 8 when i was a lower weight. I expect to be an 8 when i've lost another 40 pounds of so.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yep I can relate lol!! I've also noticed that my toes no longer look like snausages but are thinning out as well.
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    yes, if you have lots to lose. Funny we dont think of feet as getting "fat" but I think they spread out to compensate for all the extra weight. I always had to wear 9's and 10's and boots that zipped up were out, now I wear an 8.5 in most but I have always had wide feet so I need a wide in dressy heels etc.
  • racerchick48
    racerchick48 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! One more thing I can add to my list of motivators now :smile:
  • Fit4sure
    Fit4sure Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    lost over 120 lbs...my feet "lost" weight, too! I was into an 11W and now I wear a normal 10. (10 was what I wore before I gained the weight.)