Scale or no scale?

Options
do u find it best to have a scale and weigh regularly or set an appointment to weigh your self at a friends? I'm sure there is some difference in opinion on this?!?

Replies

• Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You need to find what works for you. Some people weigh themselves daily some at a doctors or friends, others weigh themselves weekly at their own home. Some people go by clothes size alone and don't weight at all. You will get a few different answers but it will come down to what You find works best for You.
  • AndySharman2610
    AndySharman2610 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The latter idea is a good one. It creates pressure. But again, if you put on weight, your friends won't be harsh enough on you, to make you feel bad about not losing weight.

I personally use a scale. I just be honest. No point in lying. Lying won't make me thin.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You should weigh after poop but before breakfast - naked. Get your own scale;-D
  • sknopps
    sknopps Posts: 166
    Options
    i used to weigh once a week, on sundays. i purchased my own scale and started weighing every morning. i was getting too upset with the fluctuations so now i'm leaning towards weighing on the 1st of the month only. i need to keep my sanity lol
  • binkabink
    Options
    I weigh myself if I feel like there is a gain....otherwise,,a couple of times a week,,it keeps me on track..
  • Bluestar083
    Options
    When I am at my goal weight it's once a week
    When I am trying to lose weight it's every second day
    And always in the morning before you eat!

I read a study that showed people who weighed themselves every day where the
    Most successful at losing weigh and keepIng it off as any variation (up I guess!) they could jump on right away

My Mum who weighs the same now as she did when she was 15 (52kg and 5'5'') weighs herself once a week and if it's a kg up cuts down on 'treats' ie fun size cherry ripes :D til she's back to her usual weight
    She actually stopped Dad from baking bread more than once a
    Month as put on 2 kg. This was a few years ago and obviously she lost the weight straight away but
    Goes to show Mum knows best! She says weight yourself often as it's easier to lose 2kg than 12 or 20.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Most successful at losing weigh and keepIng it off as any variation (up I guess!) they could jump on right away

I saw that study too. I mostly feel like I have to apologise for weighing every day but, as long as you don’t freak out every little fluctuation, it feels better to me.
  • poseidon9447
    Options
    I was weighing myself daily but the fluctuations are upsetting. Now I am going to go on a once a week plan, that way what I see will always be lower and be reassuring.
  • Bluestar083
    Options

I saw that study too. I mostly feel like I have to apologise for weighing every day but, as long as you don’t freak out every little fluctuation, it feels better to me.
    Yup I accept some fluctuations when daily or second daily but weekly if it's up I check it daily for 3 days then accept it's up and get right on it. Uh obviously not while I was on hholiday and didn't weight myself and was a total pig the first 2 weeks back hence the 3.6kg weight gain in 5 weeks!!
    But when I was recovering from a boderlIne eating disorder 10 yrs ago fluctuations did freak me out so only measured & very very occasionally when I felt slim and had a good week would weight myself. Prob once a month max. Plus I can tell when I put on weight-even if it's only 2kg