triceps

Options
i do various triceps workouts...avidly...but i cant seem to get the fat away!!!! is it just because girls tend to store fat there?

Replies

• TorridCutie
    TorridCutie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am sure your triceps are getting really toned, under the fat you have. Unfortunately, you cannot spot reduce fat. As you lose more weight, you will lose fat all over, including your arms and then your toned triceps will show. You are doing a good job toning them up, as the skin will need the muscle underneath to hang on to tightly.
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    the only way to get rid of the fat is to do cardio and burn it off. no amount of weight lifting will get rid of fat. and unfortunately you can't spot reduce so you just got to lose the weight and hope that it eventually comes off your arms. sorry.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I am sure your triceps are getting really toned, under the fat you have. Unfortunately, you cannot spot reduce fat. As you lose more weight, you will lose fat all over, including your arms and then your toned triceps will show. You are doing a good job toning them up, as the skin will need the muscle underneath to hang on to tightly.

yep. don't overfocus on just 1 muscle group. work out all your muscles. eat a calorie deficit, and do cardio.
  • jonniemarie1
    jonniemarie1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i dont really have much weight to lose.... i weigh 121 pounds =(
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    you can't spot lose weight.
    the weight comes off where it wants to come off.
    and yes cardio is best for weight loss but you will still want
    to do some weight training to tone those muscles when you lose the weight.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Can no spot reduce.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    the only way to get rid of the fat is to do cardio and burn it off. no amount of weight lifting will get rid of fat. and unfortunately you can't spot reduce so you just got to lose the weight and hope that it eventually comes off your arms. sorry.

Actually, weight lifting helps burn fat because muscle burns more calories then fat... so what she needs to be doing is a combo of cardio/weight lifting.. and not just tricep's but a whole body program.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Women do generally store fat in the triceps area. Continue burning fat through cardiovascular work and you'll see your hard-earned muscles begin peeking through.

Good luck and keep going!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    i dont really have much weight to lose.... i weigh 121 pounds =(

then eat at maintenance and focus on body recomposition.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I've heard great things about the Shake Weight.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,707 Member
    Options
    This isn't true. You can lose lots of weight with a weight lifting program only and burn lots of fat. Cardio does burn extra calories, but only does it when exercising. You burn MOST of your fat calories at rest.
  • jonniemarie1
    Options
    i know...its just so frustrating, because ive gotten my legs and lower body nice and toned and muscular, and now im trying to continue keeping that up, while trying to lose a few more pounds, and lose the little fat i have, without losing my leg muscles..WHILE trying to tone my arms ahhh
  • tarazena
    tarazena Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Tracy Anderson Method.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    i know...its just so frustrating, because ive gotten my legs and lower body nice and toned and muscular, and now im trying to continue keeping that up, while trying to lose a few more pounds, and lose the little fat i have, without losing my leg muscles..WHILE trying to tone my arms ahhh
    Actually heavier leg work boosts metabolism and will help to retain those legs while you still lose fat.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Actually heavier leg work boosts metabolism and will help to retain those legs while you still lose fat.

Never heard that before. Interesting.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Never heard that before. Interesting.
    Specific Exercises

The king of metabolic-boosting exercises will always be the back squat. The back squat works many muscle groups simultaneously, including the quads, hamstrings, hips, glutes, abdominals and lower back. A relatively heavy, high-rep set of squats will leave you winded for quite some time, making it the ideal lift around which to base your metabolic-boosting program. To reap maximal metabolic boosting potential from squats, perform at least three sets of eight to 10 reps.

Deadlifts are a close second. While deadlifts are generally eschewed in most modern gyms, more people should resort back to this basic, brutal lift for its high-loading potential and its ability to boost metabolism while developing the muscles of the legs and back. Perform deadlifts for a moderately heavy four sets of five.

Barbell lunges are another good exercise that can quickly wind a trainee, boosting EPOC and metabolism. To save space in a crowded gym, perform standing barbell lunges by placing the bar across your back, stepping out wide, and raising and descending in place for the target number of reps. This is in contrast to traditional walking lunges, where you would move up and down the floor (or reset your foot positioning after every rep). Perform lunges for three sets of eight reps per leg to get that heart pounding.

Split squats can also accomplish your metabolic boosting goals. A split squat is performed by placing a loaded barbell on your back and performing single leg squats with the off-leg being placed on a bench positioned behind you. Perform split squats for three sets of eight reps as well.

If you have not noticed the pattern, all of these main metabolic boosters are lower-body exercises. As the legs are the largest muscle groups in the body, taxing them with heavy lifting is the quickest ticket to create oxygen debt and boost metabolism. While lower body lifts should form the core of your metabolic-boost program, good upper body lifts also include: bench press, pull ups, dips, rows and overhead presses.

Read more: Exercises to Boost Metabolism | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/way_5270203_exercises-boost-metabolism.html#ixzz1WMtNiQqz
  • jonniemarie1
    Options
    thanks =)