DANGEROUS CARBY SNACKS!

Options
What are your favorite snacks to snack on? I feel like anytime I reach for a snack it is carby stuff like pretzels, special k sea salt cracker chips, special k fruit crisps, special k strawberry bars, etc. What low-carb, low-sodium snacks are your favorite? I love something with a crunch though. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Cape Cod 40% reduced fat chips. They're 100 calories, gluten free, low in sodium, and soooooo crunchy and delicious. Just enough salt that you get that salty yumminess, but not enough that's bad for you. And they're cooked in canola oil so they're not as bad.
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Eat protein. Eat veggies and fruits. Stay away from processed garbage! xoox
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Olives are good for a salty fix, not so sure about the crunchy though.
  • cfrock
    cfrock Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm currently obsessed with Athenos Greek Yogurt and Fuji Apples. :)
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i like apples and carrots when i want something crunchy
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, carrots! I know it sounds boring to most, but I love carrots. There's a bit on the inside that's smaller, so I eat the outside first and then the inside. Haha. Oh, and I love love love Trader Joe's roasted seaweed snacks. If you're willing to try them I think they'd be a great snack for you. They're slightly salty, have a sort of roasted nutty flavor about them, and a whole package is 99 cents, 60 calories, 2 of carbs, and 100 mg of sodium :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I love snacking on snacks. They are the best snacks to snack on.

I especially like laughing cow cheese on lavash.
  • JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    im in the same boat as you!!
  • Here_kittykitty
    Here_kittykitty Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Check out Popchips - Jillian Michaels endorses them. They have a few different flavors, and I think you can get them at Target.
  • Caitie1986
    Caitie1986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sunsweet Mediterranean apricots or Motts all natural granny smith applesauce. The apricots really give you something to chew on for a while and you get fruit/fruit sugar which is better for you than refined sugar.
  • jaimealison
    Options
    Veggies and fruits! All natural peanut butter with celery or apple slices are some options.

Al mok organic wheat crackers will give you the crunch you're looking for and 5 large crackers are 110 calories, its still carbs, so is the 100 calorie pop secret bag but that will also satisfy a craving without ruining your day!
  • charityrose3k
    Options
    sour pickles are yummy and give a tang
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Handful of almonds

An apple cut up and dipped into low fat vanilla yogurt

Honestly the more I'm away from the junk food the less I want it, When I do give in I feel like crap later anyhow so then it's a long time before I do it again LOL. The only thing I don't think I'll ever be completely off is baked tortilla chips and hot salsa!
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    a handful of raw almonds without salt
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I like to sear the outside of a string cheese stick in a frying pan. The outside gets golden brown and the cheese gets softer. Then I cut it up into four pieces. It's like eating mozzarella sticks without the carbs =)
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I love snacking on snacks. They are the best snacks to snack on.
    Made me think of this: http://tinyurl.com/2unmqtm

"snacktastrophe" might be the funniest made up word of all time.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    banana and peanut buttah
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    banana and peanut buttah

Taso, try this recipe out: http://www.traderjoes.com/recipes/recipe.asp?rid=37

It's pretty tasty!
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i looove putting nut butter on bananas! so tasty and filling!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Almonds (I buy the 100 cal packs so I don't accidentally eat 1000 calories worth). String Cheese. Protein shakes. Raspberries.