Satisfactory Progress?

Options
I'm probably not going to write anything that hasn't been posted a thousand times before, but I remain...undeterred. Today is my two month diet anny. I lost 9 lbs before I came to MFP and 5 more since 8/8. My rate of weight loss is about half what it used to be back in my twenties (58 now), but I guess I'm OK with that. Besides, I recently lowered my calorie goal from 1850/day to 1500 and I've been getting over 2000 calories/wk in exercise. Mathematically, I should be losing about 2.3 lb/wk but consistently achieve only about -1.6. I can still make a few women jealous with the lower figure, but it's still frustrating at times. I'm trying to go from CW of 213 to 187, but it might not happen til Christmas. My problem is that I've never really dieted for more than 2.5 months before, and I'm wondering if Ill have the stamina to go almost 6 months (in total) this time. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to lengthen my time horizon?

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Don't give up.
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    You have to look at this like it is a life style change not a diet. Eating and exercising is something we all need to do just to stay healthy.

Good Luck
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Don't look at it as a temporary "diet." Instead, make it a lifestyle change, and it will be perpetual, forever and ever.

I've been going for 8 months, with only a few minor bumps in the road. You can do it!
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    this is not a diet. This is how you are supposed to eat for the rest of your life. Take it one day at a time and never give up.