Apology to myself

Options
I just want to apologize to my body for binging last night. I had been doing pretty well as far as "holiday eating" went until last night and then I just went and ate everything in sight before going to bed last night. I promise to get back on track right now and I will NOT dwell on this and feel guilty all day - instead I will accept that that was my last binge of 2008 (and hopefully longer, but let's go with a shorter term goal for the moment).

To anyone else that didn't stay within holidya eating goals as well as you'd hoped over the holidays - make the promise to get back on track and start treating yourself right again today!

Replies

• Emdog24
    Emdog24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just want to apologize to my body for binging last night. I had been doing pretty well as far as "holiday eating" went until last night and then I just went and ate everything in sight before going to bed last night. I promise to get back on track right now and I will NOT dwell on this and feel guilty all day - instead I will accept that that was my last binge of 2008 (and hopefully longer, but let's go with a shorter term goal for the moment).

To anyone else that didn't stay within holidya eating goals as well as you'd hoped over the holidays - make the promise to get back on track and start treating yourself right again today!
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I did the exact same thing. Hopefully that will be the last binge for both of us. :)
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I'll join you in apologising to self - if I may.
    I did really well all day long - includingt he dreaded festive dinner, then, in the evening the goodies - or in my case baddies came out, I ate a lot of things I shouldn't have, soooo....I thought I'd pre-empt the calories, I got my new mini bike out, sat in front of the TV and rode like mad - burnign 1,000 calories, thinking this would burn up anything I ate over my calories for sure...WRONG!!!
    I stepped on the scale this morning, to find I've GAINED 4lbs !!! :grumble: :explode:
    I know a lot of it is water weight, as I didn't drink a lot of water yesterday, sao I'm making up for it today, just can't beleive going all through the day no problems, and then blowing it all on food I didn't even enjoy!:grumble: :grumble:
    Ah well, I've learned NOT to let people get all the 'nice' foods out and leave them out in front of me, this evenign, I'm having spanish omelette, chicken and vegetables - no more chocolate, cakes, biscuits for this bod! Oh ok not today anyway :laugh: :laugh:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i need to apologize to myself too.
  • Panda8Angel8Faith
    Panda8Angel8Faith Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i am right with you on that one. I am not doing well at all this week as I have a nasty habit of baking. I love to bake, but to cook is another story. anyway...I was at my Mom's and coudn't resist the horrible cooking that had been going on in there. i wanted to eat up everything and it all tasted so good. And then to top everything off, My MyFitnessPal account was cancelled out (I think), so I am going to get back on track and return back to the gym ASAP! I have to remember how well i was doing.
    I know we can all do better and we are going to. We are allowed mistakes, but we are not allowed to dwell on them.
  • Charilee7
    Options
    I came to terms that Christmas was going to be a binge-fest so I am okay with it. I am ready to behave and eat clean again though, that's for sure.