Confessions of a Compulsive Overeater - Ellelit's Blog

Options
Hello, i've started a blog to document this journey out of the hole of emotional binge eating. it will be deeply emotional, personal and self reflective, which is why i am doing it on my own site. if you would like to follow along with me as i share my struggles and experiences, that would be great! i've started the blog already, and am currently writing about my background and establishing my plan of attack, and the first "diary entry" will commence January 1, 2009.

i hope you stop by and take a look at what i really go through, and you can hopefully relate yourself to my struggles and get some insight into working through your own demons.

http://www.foodaddict.ca

hope to see you all there!:drinker:

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Hello, i've started a blog to document this journey out of the hole of emotional binge eating. it will be deeply emotional, personal and self reflective, which is why i am doing it on my own site. if you would like to follow along with me as i share my struggles and experiences, that would be great! i've started the blog already, and am currently writing about my background and establishing my plan of attack, and the first "diary entry" will commence January 1, 2009.

i hope you stop by and take a look at what i really go through, and you can hopefully relate yourself to my struggles and get some insight into working through your own demons.

http://www.foodaddict.ca

hope to see you all there!:drinker:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i will defintely read it! I binge eat and I sometimes think I'm never going to stop. You're not alone.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I just read your blog and just wanted to let you know that you CAN do this!
  • ellelit
    Options
    well i'm a writer, so i thought that it was pretty natural for me to put myself out there again. i've done the best in my progress when i've really taken the time to analyze myself and worked through the problems instead of covering them up. my hope is to write a book one day outlining my struggles and hopefully let people know that it is an illness and it's not an overnight fix, but a life long struggle and committment. thanks for your support!:flowerforyou:
  • lexley
    lexley Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks for posting your link. I will definitely read this! Good luck on your new life plan :):drinker:
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    Thank you so much for your honesty and sharing. It is not easy to be honest with yourself, but necessary if you want to change. I will definitely be following your journey and cheering you on along the way! :drinker:

109912.png
  • kristineh86
    Options
    I just read your story. You are truly an inspiration. I am here with you through this journey and truly wish you the best. You have the right attitude and I know you can do this!!! Thank you for posting and sharing your blog!
  • tuxedo702
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your blog address with us. I, too, am a binge eater and have been since I stopped drinking 8 years ago. Food is more of a monkey on my back than alcohol, drugs or cigarettes ever were. I've successfully quit all three of those and continue to try to get a handle on food but it is very hard. I know that it's mainly emotional - I've read a gazillion books about it, tried hypnosis, therapy, eating disorders support group, etc. - nothing has worked so far. I look forward to following your blog (the first blog I will have ever read because I think they're so boring. BUT yours will be great and I wish you and everyone else out there with a binge eating disorder all the luck in the world. Maybe 2009 will be the year that we finally "get it". :heart:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Off to read now...thank you for sharing it with us:flowerforyou:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading and I just want to say that you have a wonderful attitude and are an inspiration for us all! Best of luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • gis35
    gis35 Posts: 54
    Options
    i can't wait to read it, i really can relate:wink:
  • ellelit
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's going to be a journey, that's for sure..
  • kristineh86
    Options
    And I know you can do it!! I also have a blog but it's not really focused on weight. I love blogs so I really can't wait to keep up with yours! :)