I don't listen to music/TV while working out

Options
hewhoiscd
hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
I usually don't listen to anything at all while working out.

Am I the only one?

Replies

• MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    my gym doesn't even have tv's. i listen to a timing podcast when i do c25k. i used to listen to audio books when doing cardio but right now i listen to pitbull cause his rythms keep me going faster. but when i lift i never listen to music. i like to concentrate on what i'm doing. i'd say only about half of the people in my gym listen to music when doing cardio and even less do it when lifting.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i dont listen to anything either while i run or lift. Only my yoga and kickboxing classes have music going on during them.

i really like the "quite" time i get during my runs :-)
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I listen to music doing cardio but I don't usually when I lift. I find that the cord on my headphones tend to get in the way and I don't want any incidents. However, when I DO listen to music, I notice that the more I get into my workout, the less I actually hear the music. Most of the time I just stop listening to it all together.
  • banjjo
    banjjo Posts: 89
    Options
    I watch tv once in a while, but not very often. I prefer to exercise with things mostly quiet. The moods of the music or show I'm watching effect how I feel when I exercise too much. Sounds strange but it does. A bad song or something sad happening in a movie or show bring down my energy.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    :smile:

You are not.... I am the same way.
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I usually listen to audiobooks :)
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I can't handle the tv being on while I'm working out but music is a definite for me. If I don't have it I have a lousey workout.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I like music. When I walk on the treadmill at home I put music on the TV or watch a new exercise video so I can learn it while I walk.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    not me..i have to have noise all the time, no matter what im doing:smile:
  • donbet69
    donbet69 Posts: 133
    Options
    I am lucky enough to put in a DVD or watch something streaming from netflix every time I get on my treadmill. It makes an hour go by super fast and I can catch up on my "have to see" movie list.
  • smedlund
    smedlund Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My gym has tv's that are on a special radio frequency. If you want to listen to the tv, you have to tune into the station. I have to listen to music because I get easily distracted. I like to use heavy metal or something with a high tempo.
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options

Am I the only one?

It's against the rules to compete in a triathlon with an iPod, MP3 player, etc. Therefore, I don't train with any music since I can't use it on race day.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    If I could listen to music while swimming I would :P

I'll listen to music while walking to the gym (where I swim - it's around 1.5 miles each way), but not on the way back because I don't want to get my Droid wet from my hair, and I usually still have water in my ears, haha.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I need my music for cardio my gym has music in the weight room. I need my music for both or I don't have as hard a workout.
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I refuse to workout without my ipod!
  • brownwonder
    brownwonder Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I never listen to music while working out. You are not alone.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I watch TV while working out unless I'm doing Wii Fit.
    You're not the only one , though. My dad is a runner and never listens to music on his runs.
  • BlackmetalCoffee79
    BlackmetalCoffee79 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Am I the only one?

Can't speak for others, but for me, i'm ALWAYS listening to music. Even when i'm not working out.

My workouts though seem to go "easier" when i have some tunes blasting away. :smile:
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I listen to music doing cardio but I don't usually when I lift. I find that the cord on my headphones tend to get in the way and I don't want any incidents. However, when I DO listen to music, I notice that the more I get into my workout, the less I actually hear the music. Most of the time I just stop listening to it all together.

Exactly this. I do find that the more into the workout I get, the less I actually hear the music, but that being said, I find that when I'm just not into the workout, the music gives me that extra jolt to get back into what I'm doing