Options
I weigh 230 pounds and am trying to lose down to 135. I have a couple of health issues that hinder the process. First let me say that I gained the weight back in 1990 when my thyroid was removed to thyroid cancer. I went about 4 months without a thyroid or the medication because they couldn't diagnose the type cancer and after they did it had to be treated. I had never weighed this much even when I was pregnant. Then on top of that I was diagnose with diabetes about 13 years ago.As of today I am now a type 2 insulin dependent & will need insulin for the rest of my life. I was finally sent to see an Endocrinologist and things have begun to start to turn around for me. My sugars (which were going up to 590) are finally getting under control by counting carbs. I feel very lucky to have found this site. Just looking for inspiration and help.

Replies

• ginabina13
    ginabina13 Posts: 202
    Options
    You've come to the best place for inspiration, motivation, and support! I wish you the best! Add me if you like!
  • jayinreality
    Options
    Good luck! Through dedication and hard work you can reach your goal! Starting out with simple exercise like slow walking and eating less will show you results without you getting burned out too quickly!
  • africanqueen4u
    Options
    I really encourage you to take things one day at a time. No rush but those days begin to add up and before you know it you will begin to see progress. This is an excellent source of information and will be an important tool to use for your weight loss success. I had no idea how much I was actually eating until I started keeping track of it. Just this in itself will make a major difference. I have also had some significant health issues over the years and can say I did not know if I would be up to the challenge! But I have surprised myself and have lost a little over 1/2 of my goal. Wishing you the very best!:smile:
  • cynma
    cynma Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    :happy: Welcome, I wish you all the best.I just joined myself. Add me as a friend if you would like and we can support each other.
    cynma