where are the 5'4" girls..... age 25+.....

Options

Replies

• smspears
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and not quite 25 (shy of it by 3 months!) and have no kids!! I'm currently 161 and my goal is to get down to 130. My highest was 196. Really trying to get to my goal the healthy way, but eating everything in moderation and exercising a lot. Feel free to add me! Good luck
  • TrinaXL
    TrinaXL Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 210, 26, and no kids, I'd like to get down to 180. I'm lazy, un-motivated and I don't eat well. I'm using MFP to hold myself accountable for everything I eat. it's hard to do on weekends because I'm hardly ever near a computer. that's where I fail.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    5'3" tall, high weight (when I bought my scale...) 172.2 lbs in August 2007, currently 146 lbs. No Kids, Married. Age 29 (goal is to get to 124lbs by January...30th birthday looms!). :)
  • Thamantha
    Thamantha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4", I don't have kids (and I don't want them), and I am 26 (27 in october). My heighest weight was just on the right side of 11 stone. I started MFP at 146 lbs about 2.5 months ago, and according to the scale this morning I am 134.75lbs today.
  • MrsT99
    MrsT99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hello

I'm 5 4 was 175 lb now currently 146.6 will try carrying on to 135-137ish see how I feel at 137...

I'm 26 no kids started in January....

Just stick with the programme you'll do fine!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and 27- no kids! I started at 215 and TODAY at check in 159,8!!!!!!! I started the last day of Feb of this year... and my goal is 135. See my profile for pics!
  • Shawnta27
    Options
    Iam 5'4 starting weight 219...I want to get down to about 150, I have 2 little girls though. But feel free to add me..Good luck on your journey!!! :smile:
  • kwinty37
    kwinty37 Posts: 66
    Options
    I am 5'4 and 27- no kids! I started at 215 and TODAY at check in 159,8!!!!!!! I started the last day of Feb of this year... and my goal is 135. See my profile for pics!

What is your story? How did you get there!! btw you look great!!!
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm all of the above except I have kids. But I was gaining weight before my kids and never really stopped to think about it until I didn't have the energy to keep up with them as they got older. My highest weight was 194. I'm currently at 169. It is a tough battle, especially for me as a foodie and the fact that I like to drink just about every weekend. The first thing I did was switch to drinking only water. Maybe 1-2 times a week I'll have a measured out cup of juice. I also started by adding in exercises, then once I got in the habit of exercise, I changed my eating habits. I tried (many times) before this to lose weight, only I tried it all at once and on my own. Trying to eat right, exercise, and switch all my bad habits in one day just made me crash and burn. I also allow myself 1 day a week where I don't log anything. I don't go crazy over board, but I don't pay attention to every single calorie. Another thing that helps is by being active most of the day. I used to just sit down with my kids to watch movies/play games but now I try to be active most of the day. I'll go outside for a walk with them, or just find things to do around the house so I'm not sitting. It's a long journey, and it will have it's ups and downs, but it is so worth it. I have the occasional day where I feel like giving up, but then I look at how far I've come and how great it feels and it makes me want to reach my goal.
  • smeyerdirk
    Options
    I am 27 years old without kids and am 5'4.75'' (yes I need that .75 lol) and started my weight loss at 178lbs in January 2011. I am currently 138lbs and have 10 more pounds until I reach my goal. When I first started losing weight I would workout at least 4 times a week for an hour, mainly cardio. Then after a few months in I started doing a combination of cardio and yoga. I now do 30 day shred, yoga, and cardio to mix it up.
  • cmaurer4
    cmaurer4 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am 28 years old, 5'4'' and weight 138. When I started MFP in March 2011, I was weighing in at about 153, which is close to my highest weight. When I got married 5 years ago (close to it, anniversary next month) I weighed 138. Ideally, I'd like to get close to 130, but I'm happy with this for now! It's all about a lifestyle change - eating healthy and exercise! Good luck, you can do it!! Friend me if you need some support.
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'm 5'3" 30 years old, starting weight on MFP was 175; current weight 162 and my goal is around 145. I do have a daughter though. Anyone with similar goals feel free to add me! :)
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    WOW....Now this is amazing!! I am 5'4 I was 202 when I started...I currently dont have any kids...Never see this topic..I am very shocked....Lets get it!
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Haha, weird - I'm 5'4", 25, no kids, started at ~175-178ish. I'm now down to about 149ish. The loss seems to be slowing as I near to the last 15 pounds! My goal is around 135.

I've basically just been tracking with MFP and exercising. I try to net about 1430 calories per day, though usually it's lower on weekdays and higher on weekends. Netting that usually means eating most of my exercise calories, though I do knock down MFP's calorie burn estimates a bit. I've been doing c25k (on Week 7, Day 2 now) and strength training (roughly following the New Rules of Lifting for Women book).

I put up some progress photos on my blog, which you're welcome to check out, if you want: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/stephaniekeating/view/almost-25-pounds-down-lots-of-pics-133044
  • kelleman1
    kelleman1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", 25 years old, 183-184 lbs, though I am not childless. My weight info is in my signature.

I'm just been keeping track of what I eat and getting some exercise here and there. It's been pretty easy, actually. I'm surprised, and I feel a lot better about myself already.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    5'4" Started at 250 last August. Weighed in at 211 today. Walking, walking walking until a couple weeks ago. Now it's swimming, walking, and 30 Day Shred. I've actually gained a pound and a half since I started adding the swimming and 30DS. Hoping it's muscle weight :wink:

Edit: no kids, also... someday!
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    hey no kids here age 27 lost 35 pounds now at 188pds i want to be at 140 oh and 5'4
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5 2 and my highest weight was 188. I am 31 y.o.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options

What is your story? How did you get there!! btw you look great!!!

I guess I don't have a story! I have not stepped a foot in a gym since I started! I do ski in the winter and bike/ kayak in the summer. This summer I started running a 1/2 mile in the begining and now I run a 5k 2ce a week and a 2 mile run once a week. In the begining I used the wii a lot because it was winter I like the EA Active 2, just dance, wii fit... I just make sure I close to my cals every day and never go under 1200. I will be honest I do not count veggies I put on my cheeseburgers, gum, or crystal light (unless I have had a lot of it). I will admit I still eat pad thai, chinese food and icecream.

all I can say is counting cals with this site and the support has been amazing. I found that I now know what a portion size is, how much I should be eating a day and still feel full, how much I much I like to be active, how much better my self esteem is, how better clothes feel and look, and how much fun it is to go shopping!

and thank you! you can never hear it enough how great you look! :wink:
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Did you girls lose all your weight naturally.... just exercising and eating healthy???

Yes I have lost my weight the hard way. Exercise, and eating stuff I never ever thought I would like!! Eating less of the stuff I absolutely loved replacing it with good foods.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!