Vegetarian vs. Vegan

Options
2»

Replies

• may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    hi there everyone,,

i turned to vegetarism a bit over 3 years ago,, and i did gained weight by doing that,, (of course i lost tons now too.lol) i was eating tons of pasta,,, that was one problem,, also, chocolate,ice cream, cakes, are all vegetarian (well mostly) .... vegetarian doesnt mean healthy,

as for the leather, i dont use those products, i regulary am giving some as gifts and they end up in the bottom of the closet, same as furry things, even if its fake fur,, i dont want to give the idea that fur is cool, coz the next person might buy the real stuff,

i dont miss it, i find it hard when i shop for dress shoes, but otherwise im always in sneakers and those are easy to find non leather, there are specialized shops with vegetarian leather (synthetic) online and high street. otherwise you can figure out what the shoes are made off with the labels.. there are little symbols....

there are different levels of vegetarism, as someone else explained, there is ovo-lacto, just lacto or ovo, vegan, but also because a lot of beer/wine/spirit have bits of fish used in the process, some people will drink only what they know is "safe", my boyfriend is very strict on that, as i am not, i drink wine that i am not sure of the content, although if im in a shop choosing a bottle ... i will get the one one without.. same goes for stuff that are harder to know, like rennet in cheese and gelatin in other stuff.... (right now im on antibiotics,,, and the capsule has gelatin in it, i am having them, but my bf wouldnt have....although i do it with a pinch to the heart)

its very hard to draw the line, my bf decided that is was all black and all white.. as i have a gray area..