Asperagus?

Options
I can't find asperagus in the database! Am I spelling it wrong or is it just not in there? Does anyone know how many calories, etc. or how I can find out so I can add it to the database?

Replies

• tuxedo702
    Options
    I can't find asperagus in the database! Am I spelling it wrong or is it just not in there? Does anyone know how many calories, etc. or how I can find out so I can add it to the database?
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    it's spelled asparagus. :smile:
  • tuxedo702
    Options
    Ha! I'm an idiot! Thank you!!:laugh:
  • anony999
    anony999 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It makes your pee-pee smell!
  • tuxedo702
    Options
    Then I will be sure not to let anyone smell my pee-pee today. Thanks for the heads up.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Then I will be sure not to let anyone smell my pee-pee today. Thanks for the heads up.

:laugh:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options

haha, but it tastes SO yummy!
  • anony999
    anony999 Posts: 112 Member
    Options

God, I hope you're talking about the asparagus!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    No matter how you spell it, it taste great!

How did you fix it.
  • tuxedo702
    Options
    I just lay them out in a frying pan with a small amount of water (so you're really steaming - not boiing) add some salt & pepper and about a tsp. of butter. Cover and cook until their bright green. I need to get one of those upright steamers and forgo the butter but, hey, it was Christmas!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I just lay them out in a frying pan with a small amount of water (so you're really steaming - not boiing) add some salt & pepper and about a tsp. of butter. Cover and cook until their bright green. I need to get one of those upright steamers and forgo the butter but, hey, it was Christmas!

Yum! I think if a 1 tsp of butter makes the difference between liking and disliking vegetables it's worth the calories and don't worry about it.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok...I am :laugh: :laugh: and my hubby is giving me a funny look!!!

I cook all my veggies in the microwave. I put a tspn of water in the bowl (chicken broth if I have it)

I nuke it for a minute or so.....YEAH I have yummy food!

:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Thanks for the tip Debbie...never eaten it...but I'll add it to my list of things Tam suggested tonight to try out:bigsmile:

FC:heart:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I do love asparaus.

And the smelly pee is the fun part!! :wink: :laugh:

:huh:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options

haha, of course! :)
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, I love asparagus and so do my kids. We usually eat ours chilled, one way is to steam it then chill and drizzle a little olive oil and rice vinegar on it and then there is a salad I make with apples and asparagus that they eat up.

The best way to eat it is grilled and wrapped in manchego cheese......but not too often!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I laid some out on a baking sheet with some garlic and a little extra virgin olive oil. I cooked it just enough that it stayed all crunchy. Mmm. (Though I do hate the smelly-pee part. :laugh: )
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    It's really good in a citris dressing (orange juice, olive oil and cayenne pepper). Yum!