High Protein Low Carb meal ideas please

Options
Hi All,

So I'm trying to eat a balanced diet and I had a nutritionist/trainer suggest to me that I should cut out carbs at dinner. He had seen better success in weight loss, in women in particular, when they didn't eat carbs later in the day. (I'm not going to a no carb diet, I will just eat my carbs at breakfast and lunch).

I would love some suggestions on creative or tasty things to make for dinner so I don't miss those carbs. I almost always tend to have rice, potatoes, or something of that sort with dinner. If I just cut it out, I'm afraid I won't feel full enough.

Recipes? Ideas? Please share!

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I think tilapia is high protien low carb...
  • jrcox520
    jrcox520 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite go-to meals at the end of the day is stirfry. Throw some chicken and load of veggies in a pan with some EVOO and Mrs. Dash (or low sodium teriyaki or soy sauce) and voila! Delicious, low carb, and quick.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I usually have Atkin's Penne Pasta with a meat at dinner.
    I am really picky. lol
    It has a lot of dietary fibre.
  • CelticChick2011
    Options
    A month ago, I felt the same as you. My trainer would get on my butt about even a TINY new potato. I actually cut out dairy, sugar, taters, pasta, etc and I'm doing just fine! Just eat more MEAT and VEGGIES! Trust me...after a while you won't miss it at all. You get better vitamins, fiber, good carbs, good fats and all that by skipping the carb-fest. Just try it for a week and see if you start seeing more results. I did.
  • CelticChick2011
    Options
    chicken sauted in olive oil, salad of some kind, walnuts. nom nom nom

tilapia wrapped in bacon....and a bag of steamed frozen broccoli.

Its actually easier to make dinner WITHOUT the carbs. I just pick a meat and a veggie to eat with it...and I'm set. The steamer bags in the frozen section make life SO easy! I can usually have dinner ready to go in about 5-10 mins.