Greetings and a few questions :)

Options
Hi all!

I've just started using this site/app in the last week, and am enjoying it so far. If nothing else it reminds me to (try) to eat breakfast! I hope to make a few new friends here through the process, and learn to take care of myself better. :)

I'm 24 years old, and have always struggled with my weight. When I was younger it didn't matter how much exercise I did or how well I ate, I still gained weight - very depressing when my sister was one of those people who could eat anything and not gain weight. :P Had a few big life changes a couple of years ago that ended up with me dropping down to 60kg in a not very healthy way. I've since changed my situation including my job which was previously very physical (night fill, 10-12 hours a night) to something a decent bit lighter. I'm hoping to get back down to around 60kg again but doing it in a healthy way this time. :P

Got a couple of questions for those more experienced than me with this site - I'm not sure how to classify myself in terms of activity. My job title is 'sales assistant' but a significant portion of that is spent unpacking stock or hauling clothes out of a fitting room in a vain attempt to keep it neat. Should I be putting down 'lightly active' or 'active'?

Secondly, I'm having trouble hitting the calorie amount I should be eating, which usually means I end up eating crap at some point during the day to boost the number. Any suggestions on how to deal with that? I don't feel like I'm hungry, but I obviously need to be eating more than I am now. :x

Replies

• yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I've just started using this site/app in the last week, and am enjoying it so far. If nothing else it reminds me to (try) to eat breakfast! I hope to make a few new friends here through the process, and learn to take care of myself better. :)

I'm 24 years old, and have always struggled with my weight. When I was younger it didn't matter how much exercise I did or how well I ate, I still gained weight - very depressing when my sister was one of those people who could eat anything and not gain weight. :P Had a few big life changes a couple of years ago that ended up with me dropping down to 60kg in a not very healthy way. I've since changed my situation including my job which was previously very physical (night fill, 10-12 hours a night) to something a decent bit lighter. I'm hoping to get back down to around 60kg again but doing it in a healthy way this time. :P

Got a couple of questions for those more experienced than me with this site - I'm not sure how to classify myself in terms of activity. My job title is 'sales assistant' but a significant portion of that is spent unpacking stock or hauling clothes out of a fitting room in a vain attempt to keep it neat. Should I be putting down 'lightly active' or 'active'?

Secondly, I'm having trouble hitting the calorie amount I should be eating, which usually means I end up eating crap at some point during the day to boost the number. Any suggestions on how to deal with that? I don't feel like I'm hungry, but I obviously need to be eating more than I am now. :x

I'd underestimate your activity level. That way you're not eating more calories than you should. To get to your calories you could have a tbs of peanut butter or add olive oil to something you're eating. You might also have an extra piece of fruit if you're craving sweets.