I need help. Hello! lol

Options
I'm 17 and I have slowly gotten larger over the years, since my father passed away. I am 6'1 and weigh 260 lbs!
I have a very hard time working out, due to bad back and hip problems. If you have ANYTHING that could help me to get exercise into my daily life, please....let me know!

Walking isn't enough in order for me to reach my goal of 180.

Replies

• mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Can you swim?

Because swimming is a great weightloss tool. Esp if you have a bad back.
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your father Twizzie.
    Have you tried swimming - there is less strain on your joints. I cant swim but still go to the pool and do exercises whn my kids go swimming - one day I will be able to swim properly:laugh:
    I actually love walking, and do it everyday, sometimes its my only exercise and it seems to be working okay
    The best thing to do is set your goals and see what MPF gives you for a daily allowanc then remember to log everything. Good Luck
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    back and hip problems? uh huh.

hit the recumbent bike or elliptical..heck just walk up hill or something
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    Try a mix of walking and swimming and with healthy eating maybe and hopefully your back and hips will feel better as you lose some weight :)
  • twizzzie
    twizzzie Posts: 11
    Options
    See, that's what I want LOL I knew that once I lose weight, my back and hip problems will be better. But if I just bend over a few times a day, my back goes out on me.

I LOVE swimming! I have always loved it, it's so refreshing and fun. I'll see if I can go to a local swimming pool, or something. I'd like to know, would a treadmill or stepper be the same as walking or jogging outside?

As for eating healthier - I am trying my hardest. I've cut out fried foods almost completely. I'll get small fries from somewhere maybe once a month and that's it. I don't eat out alot, and I've been baking / roasting my foods at home. Fresh veggies (peppers, carrots, onions...etc) and most of my protein comes from chicken. I do buy 4 steaks a month, so we can treat ourselves for a weekend, or 2 weekend days. I drink skim milk - but I'd like to go for an alternative. Soy? or Almond? I'm not sure. Dairy just messes up my tummy, really bad.

I'm having a hard time with pop, though. I had stopped drinking it for 2 months, yay me! And lost a lot of weight. But then there was a boil alert for our water here, and literally the only thing that was being sold around here to drink was pop and sobe. So that got me hooked right back on it. Other than pop, there's not alot of sugar in my diet.
    I drink alot alot alot of water. I kind of have to - due to other health issues. But, I love water. As long as it's cold :)

Thank you guys for the quick response. I love this site, and I didn't know if I would or not. But you just made me want to use it everyday!
    So starting TODAY - I am logging everything, everyday. It's hard to reach my calorie limit everyday though. Which is strange for me. Sometimes I find myself just eating in order to get the substantial amount of calories I need per day in order to not go into starvation mode O_O
  • twizzzie
    twizzzie Posts: 11
    Options
    AND I have P90X. I want to try it eventually. I know it's not good to start on something like that, really quick. After practically doing nothing for years!