Whey Protein-Before or After Workout??

Options
I am confused. Some diets say that one must consume Whey Protein 1 hour before the work out some say that it has to be after work out.

I don't want to gain weight so I drink a scoop of Whey in water in the morning after waking up.

What is your experience people?

Replies

• hstallings13
    Options
    I do mine after.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I usually drink mine after a workout on lifting days, I probaly need to everyday, but I don't before I workout, I feel to full especially if I am doing cardio. I use skim milkvinstead of water, so that is probably why I feel fuller.
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm no fitness expert, but I've usually heard after to help your muscles. I think its good to have a little protein before as well, but mainly after. But I'm interested to see what everyone else says.
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You should have "some" protein after your workout to repair muscle that you've (technically) damaged during the workout. But it doesn't actually have to be heavy protein like a shake. A glass of milk or something light will do :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I drink mine after workout
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I matters very little. Whey may be the fastest digesting protein, but it still takes several hours to digest. Whether taken before or after or during your workout, you will be digesting it for a few hours afterward anyway. If you're spending 8 hours a day in a gym, that's obviously a different story.
  • drivermarshy
    Options
    i was told to have one shake before and one immidiately after a workout. i use promax high protein shake adding water x
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys!!
  • dagetsinger
    Options
    I take a protein shake only after I do heavy weight lifting to help in muscle repair. I don't drink any shakes after a cardio day because I don't want to ruin/cancel out the calories I just burned.
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Makes sense!