Annoying Coworkers

Options
2»

Replies

• Hattie2879
    Hattie2879 Posts: 131
    Options
    Yes, I've tried ignoring her and my other coworker. I turn my back to the door of my office if I want to be left alone (I don't like closing my door in case someone comes to our area and needs help with something) but every once in a while they'll come up and do this reeeeeeeeeallllllyyyy light annoying tap on my door to let me know they're there. :tongue:

Oh and see all three of us start at 6:30 am. I wake up at 5:30, shower and head to work, so when I get here at 6:25, I'm still mostly asleep. Which means, I don't care about your weekend or what you did the night before, so don't talk to me. Give me at least until 8:00 to fully wake up, plus, by then, I'd have had some breakfast too. :wink:

No, I don't want to be friends with them (they're both about 25 - 30 years older than me, so nothing in common), but I do want to have a decent relationship with them because I spend 9 hours a day/5days a week with them. It's just DON'T TALK TO ME DURING MY FIRST HOUR AT THE OFFICE. :laugh: Let me wake up, get myself in order and ready to go...so I don't have to seem like a b*tch.
  • Sbmtx
    Sbmtx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    There is a lady here that does not like to be talked to first thing in the AM. She just flat out told us, I hate mornings. Leave me be for at least 15 minutes when I get here. And we do no biggie.
    My problem is actually my manager. The owners daughter. She likes to tell everyone about how crappy or excellent her life (including her non existent sex life) is going currently. But instead of telling us all at 1 time, she tells the 1st person she sees, usually me and then will tell everyone else, 1 person at a time. I have to hear the same story anywhere from 2-5 times in 1 day. And every time she tells it she exaggerates it a little more and a little more.............ugh. Oh and this morning I had to point out that her dress was so see through that I could see her black thong through it, and the tattoo on her butt cheek. She had just come in from walking her daughters into school, a 3rd grader and a 7th grader. Poor kids. The lady is crazy. And that was just today.....I sooo need a different job.
  • Lsqueezy
    Lsqueezy Posts: 128
    Options
    I work with all men in the construction industry and they talk to me like I'm a slow child. I have a college degree and probably a larger IQ than all of them put together and they talk to ME like I'm an idiot. One in particular screws up every job I give to him. Therefore I have to go back and fix all of his mistakes, he then takes credit for the job getting done. Classic. The owner of our company knows who gets things done, our salaries reflect our contribution to the business, I make the highest salary and they just can't figure out why. Who's the slow child now?
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I work with all men in the construction industry and they talk to me like I'm a slow child. I have a college degree and probably a larger IQ than all of them put together and they talk to ME like I'm an idiot. One in particular screws up every job I give to him. Therefore I have to go back and fix all of his mistakes, he then takes credit for the job getting done. Classic. The owner of our company knows who gets things done, our salaries reflect our contribution to the business, I make the highest salary and they just can't figure out why. Who's the slow child now?

lol..... I'm an Architect and surrounded by men usually 50% of the time. We have women in our office but when I go to the field and I have to check up on things, men look at me with a "WTF are you doing here" face. lol Surely enough, when I tell them I'm the Architect, they wipe the smirk off their faces lol.