When to tone???

Myssrenee
Myssrenee Posts: 24
edited October 1 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi guys,

I have a question that I may already know the answer too, but just want opinions of others. I am 2lbs from my 1st goal weight (yayy!!) But as I have lost weight of course I’m beginning to notice more flabbier skin (sounds gross right...lol) SO my question is, should I start toning now, or should I wait until I get to my ideal weight all together then work on toning? :happy:

Replies

• Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    If you tarted toning from the get go then you'd have less flab now. You should be toning the entire way through your loss or your skin will hang off you and you'll have more work to do in the long run.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    I say do it now. I started my workouts with mostly cardio and lost almost nothing. When I added toning I started losing weight and size immediately...tone now!!! (took me 5 months to lose 10 pounds w/ just cardio, lost no sizes; took me 2 months to lose 10 pounds when I started toning, and I lost 1 1/2 sizes)
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Do both:smile:
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Do both:smile:
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Strength training should be a part of your workout routine. One of the many benefits is muscle tone, but there's so many more! Your metabolism will increase because muscle burns fat. It's great for your bones, too. If osteoperosis is a concern for you, this is a way to make your bones stronger. Now, because you are increasing muscle and bone mass, there will come a time where your scale will not budge (it is only temporary) so please start taking measurements.

Short answer: begin ASAP! :wink:
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Start now. It'll help with the flabby parts and lifting weights has a great after burn effect.
  • NEUnroe
    NEUnroe Posts: 2
    You want to tone as you lose weight, to reduce any flabiness. Also stay hydrated with plenty of water this will help as well. Hope this helped!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    You know what? Do it when you can.

Personally, I have to do small incremental changes for it to be something I can stick with.

So I started with changes to my diet, once I felt I was on my way on that front. I started adding in small 10 min workouts, which turned into 20mins, which turned into 40 mins. and are now 60 mins. I find working things in gradually less disruptive.

On one hand I get impatient for change once I make the decision to change and on the other hand I tend to get a little overwhelmed and give up if do too much at once.

Like everything else it's all about finding YOUR BALANCE
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    You should have started strength training when you started exercising. It's not a "one or the other" it's a "rotate one and the other." good luck!
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    If you tarted toning from the get go then you'd have less flab now. You should be toning the entire way through your loss or your skin will hang off you and you'll have more work to do in the long run.

THIS......its taken me slightly longer to get the actual pounds off however I havent had to deal with this since I have been lifting weights the whole time. Incorporate it now so your skin will shrink as your muscles develop.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Yes, start strength training now!
This discussion has been closed.