Which HRM???

Options
I've been looking into buying me a HRM. Most on here seem to have one and reccomend one. I went to buy one. boy are they expensive. So I want to make sure I get the right one. I read into some of them. It was like I was reading spanish. I understand some words but, couldn't comprehend what I was reading. LOL So any suggestions would be GREAT! Which one should I buy? Where is a good site to get one? What exactly does it need? Thanks bunches in advance for any information/help!
Julie:huh:

Replies

• suprjewels
    Options
    I've been looking into buying me a HRM. Most on here seem to have one and reccomend one. I went to buy one. boy are they expensive. So I want to make sure I get the right one. I read into some of them. It was like I was reading spanish. I understand some words but, couldn't comprehend what I was reading. LOL So any suggestions would be GREAT! Which one should I buy? Where is a good site to get one? What exactly does it need? Thanks bunches in advance for any information/help!
    Julie:huh:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I have a timex HRM and it has a chest strap which I have heard is the best and I really love mine. I have heard people say that they have polar HRM and they really enjoy theirs also. I went to ebay to get mine and I got it for a pretty good price. Its all about shoping around. Good luck. Once you get one you will never regret it. :drinker:
  • SteffCooley
    Options
    I just got a Polar F4 for Christmas. I had read all about the different models that Polar had, but I just wanted a basic one that would give me my heart rate, my calories burned for the day, etc. I didn't need all the other features. Since the F4 is their *way old* model now :wink: it is much cheaper. I had really reseached all the others and wasn't wanting to spend the $120-ish for one. Sooooo.... I found this one for $65!

https://www.prohealth.com/shop/product.cfm/Product__Code/N0439

I also used coupon code: PKG01
    and got FREE Overnight Shipping on it too! It was here by FedEx the next day! NICE!!

THE $65 SALE ON IT IS ONLY GOOD THROUGH 12/31/08 though - normal price is $90!!

I am SO pleased with it. Very easy to operate and tells me the few things I need to know. I would highly recommend!!!

Good Luck!
  • FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Speaking from experience, I know the HRM's with the chest strap are tons more accurate than the ones without. Also, the ones without the strap, you have to constantly push a button to get your Heart Rate. Very annoying - because half the time, it wouldn't register because you are moving around too much....

I have the Polar F6 - it was on sale for $99... it does alot of stuff that is really unnecessary but I can download all my exercises on my laptop.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar F4 for Christmas. I had read all about the different models that Polar had, but I just wanted a basic one that would give me my heart rate, my calories burned for the day, etc. I didn't need all the other features. Since the F4 is their *way old* model now :wink: it is much cheaper. I had really reseached all the others and wasn't wanting to spend the $120-ish for one. Sooooo.... I found this one for $65!

https://www.prohealth.com/shop/product.cfm/Product__Code/N0439

I also used coupon code: PKG01
    and got FREE Overnight Shipping on it too! It was here by FedEx the next day! NICE!!

THE $65 SALE ON IT IS ONLY GOOD THROUGH 12/31/08 though - normal price is $90!!

I am SO pleased with it. Very easy to operate and tells me the few things I need to know. I would highly recommend!!!

Good Luck!

I just got the Polar F4 for christmas too!:drinker: I havent actually USED it yet, its my first HRM and Im still trying to get familiar with operating it:blushing: But from what I hear, Im gonna :heart: it!
    ~Roni
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Speaking from experience, I know the HRM's with the chest strap are tons more accurate than the ones without. Also, the ones without the strap, you have to constantly push a button to get your Heart Rate. Very annoying - because half the time, it wouldn't register because you are moving around too much....

I have the Polar F6 - it was on sale for $99... it does alot of stuff that is really unnecessary but I can download all my exercises on my laptop.
    how do you do that?? I didnt know the F6 had that function!?! I wanna do it!!:blushing: