Logging your time in the gym

Options
Hi guys...
I am looking to find out the best way to log time spent in the gym.

Do you log your time on the treadmill/ bikes/ weights separately, or do you log it as generic aerobics - or circuit training?

Starting the gym tonight.... and need to record my exercise.....

Thanks
F

Replies

• me525
    me525 Posts: 155
    Options
    I've been logging treadmill/elliptical by itself, and the strength training by itself..... but now i'll log strength training as circuit training so that MFP will log calories burned.

Good Luck on your first gym workout!
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I log all my stuff in one thing. But I wear a Heart rate Monitor so I know the amount Ive burned for the whole time
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    BEST investment other than a good pair of sneakers is a heart rate monitor. Ever since i invested in one, i never questioned how much i burned or how to log it :) best of luck to you!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • aviduser
    aviduser Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I log all my stuff in one thing. But I wear a Heart rate Monitor so I know the amount Ive burned for the whole time

Same here, though I have a "Strength Training" category and a "Spinning" category depending on the day's focus. Strength has some cardio, and spinning has some strength, but the HRM captures all this.
  • tristahenry
    Options
    I log my cardio as one line item, classes (like pilates or spinning) as another and then any strength training as circuit training. Any warm ups and cool downs don't get logged. This gives me a little bit of a buffer in calories because if I don't see them I won't eat them back.