TOPIC: MEN and WOMEN: Lose 10lbs in September 2011 Challenge

Options
:bigsmile: All-righty Gals and Gents ..... We're in our last week of the August Challenge! Time to keeping kicking butt or maybe kick alil more than we would have liked to.

SW - xxx lbs (Thursday Sept 1)
Week 1 - xxx lbs (Thursday Sept 8)
Week 2 - xxx lbs (Thursday Sept 8 15)
Week 3 - xxx lbs (Thursday Sept 22)
Week 4 - xxx lbs (Thursday 29)
Total lost - xx lbs (Saturday Oct 1)

AND REMEMBER I may start this thread but the true hero that does all the hard work to track your weigh ins is jbiles be sure you thank her for all her hard work!

Replies

• cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • peggles48
    Options
    Ok, I will seriously give it a try. I have 18 pds left to lose and September sounds like a wonderful month to get it started.
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    Sure i will try it. Ive never done a challenge before ,so you just post your weekley weigh-ins?
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    I'm in! what do I need to do? just post my weight here on 9/1?
  • sheneverfails
    Options
    Definitely worth a shot! Would be a great kick-start to my weight loss. :)

Thanks!
  • flipper638
    flipper638 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a try. I want to lose 35-40 lbs so 10 is a good place to start. My beginning weight is 176 lbs.
  • miserywaterfall
    Options
    Great idea, I'll give this a try!
  • LadyG33
    LadyG33 Posts: 46
    Options
    September is a great month to start. My birthday month, so I definitely need to get fit for next years birthday.
  • jonesz922
    jonesz922 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I loved being part of August, Can't wait for September!!
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Yep - I want in again!
  • critiry3
    critiry3 Posts: 51
    Options
    lost focus in August,so getting back on track. When is weigh in? Thursday? Wow midweek yikes , but I'm ready
  • xraylady33
    xraylady33 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    How does this work?
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Not sure if I'll be able to do 10 pounds in Sept,but I want to try!
  • Ladypuma
    Ladypuma Posts: 14
    Options
    Sounds Awesome! How do I join? My first challenge here.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody - I had a hard time understanding how it worked at first too - jbiles is the guru, but I'll give you a run-down:

Weigh in day is Thursday this month. So, on September 1, post your weight. And then post your weight every Thursday until October comes.

jbiles will post links to the spreadsheet - where she compiles everyones' information to keep track. When you go to the spreadsheet link, make sure you select the September tab from the bottom of the spreadsheet.

A lot of us use the weigh-in table format that is in my signature, and I like when others use it each week too, because I can immeidately see their SW and each week's weight.
  • smspears
    Options
    I'm in. Sounds like an appropriate challenge and a great way to get going on my diet. This will be my first challenge, since I just joined MFP about 2 weeks ago, so I'm still learning it a little bit. So please add me, I'm excited to start!
  • lesliepilk
    Options
    This may be just what I need .... So I am in ... Weigh in on Thursday the first .... I am there ... Looking forward to it...
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! Hoping to lose the stubborn 10 lbs. But anything closer is great. Hopefully this will push me more in achieving my goals.
  • jlbiles
    jlbiles Posts: 283
    Options
    My name is Jackie (jlbiles) I am the database keeper for the 10 pound challenge. I am writting this to let you know how this challenge works. On the dates below we weigh in. Any other day you can post and communicate to the group anything else you want. If you need encouragement, help ect. The owner of the group is fatboypup.

I need you to post your weight by Wensday of each week. If you mess a week I will delete your name from the database enless you tell me what is going on a head of time. You can reach me at this address or jlbiles@ymail.com. If you can't open the database I post once a week let me know and I can email you a copy if you give me your email address. Any other questions just ask. I would also consider doing txt messaging to those who like to do that.

Remember 1-2 pounds a week is healthy weight loss. almost no one ever looses the 10 pounds a month so don't let that discourage you.

SW - xxx lbs (Thursday Sept 1)
    Week 1 - xxx lbs (Thursday Sept 8)
    Week 2 - xxx lbs (Thursday Sept 8 15)
    Week 3 - xxx lbs (Thursday Sept 22)
    Week 4 - xxx lbs (Thursday 29)
    Total lost - xx lbs (Saturday Oct 1)

if u post you want in we don't turn anyone down until after the first weeks weigh in is complete and that is Sept 12th or so.
  • myarene
    myarene Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I will post my SW on 9/1/11