Powering through the tired

Options
Okay, so your child was sick and you were up part of the night or you went to bed late and woke up earlier than expected or any number of things happen and you don't get 8 hours sleep. You go to workout and you just aren't feeling it. It seems like you are going through the motions.

What do you do to get yourself pumped up and get at least a bit of a good workout instead of dialing it in?

Replies

• IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I usually pull out the pair of size 22 pants that are still hanging in the closet (the ones that I can now fit my entire body into one leg), and remind myself that I never want to get that big again. Works like a charm every time :)
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    I opt for something that I feel is "easier" to at least still get some workout in. For ex, I love the elliptical and when I'm doing it (even pushing myself) I still feel like it's an "easier" workout than, say, the 30 Day Shred. So if I'm really tired, I"ll choose the elliptical that day instead of the 30DS so at least I still exercise. Bottom line to getting healthy is making healthier choices; if you're totally exhausted (C and K both had long nights, for ex :P ) then don't feel bad missing a day, or taking it a little easier. You're still going to be working out more often than you used to, and it's still a healthier lifestyle! ;)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    If it' something like that, then yes... I'll go workout. Music is crucial to help get me going. If it's a really bad morning, I might have a little caffeine to get me wired up.

If it's fatigue from going to hard the day(s) before, then a good rest day is in order and I won't push through it.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    ask myself if I really am in it to win it, so to speak.... and since the answer is always yes, I drag myself to the gym.