Baaaaad Week/Weekend!!

Options
I've been doing so well- down 19 pounds so far. But then....last weekend the parties started. A birthday party for my BFF's little girl, then a fantasy football draft/end of summer picnic the same night. Then last Sunday was a family get together- then a whole bunch of bad days in a row, followed by this past weekend which was filled with more parties, picnics, pizza, bad food, and get togethers. All in all, the scale is showing me up 5 pounds! Really?? In one week?? Tell me it's just water! I'm back on track today- but let me tell you I am CRAVING crappy food! I was doing so well and do not want to let this past bad week defeat me. I don't understand why it takes me 45 days to lose less than 20 pounds and then 1 week to put a quarter of it back on! I appreciate any advice for climbing back on the wagon. Seriously, if I don't soon climb back on and get a tight seatbelt, the damn wagon is going to run me over!!

Replies

• evilbanks
    evilbanks Posts: 166
    Options
    The past is the past. Forget about it and move on...........
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    time to power forward and focus on today, one meal at a time.
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat...well was a couple days ago. I did REALLY well yesterday and i go to hop on the scale this morning to see what damage I did over the past week and low and behold i'm down from where I was thursday at weigh in! Just get back on track and when you see that 5lb gain gone and it takes a friend or two with it you'll be back in the grove. Just keep goin! You can do it!
  • Dijon360
    Dijon360 Posts: 19
    Options
    The past is the past. Forget about it and move on...........

Agree. Get yourself back on track and you'll be back to where you were in no time.
  • GoyaMommy13
    GoyaMommy13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i had something similar- i had lost 8 lbs THEN i went to CA on a business trip with my boss' boss - who has expensive taste. we went to great restaurants -- you know what they all had in common?? NO CALORIE COUNTS! so i had to use my best judgment and try not to eat the whole plate--- which was hard.

it's ok- i'm back on and i know you can get back motivated too!!
  • JoannaJobson
    Options
    I've had a bad life lol (as far as the crappy food goes). Just remember your goal, and remind yourself of how hard you've worked to get to where you are now. I know how you feel with wanting to eat crap food, I came home yesterday and just wanted to eat EVERYTHING in the house lol but I didn't. I maintained self control because I knew that losing weight and being thin would taste better than any cheeseburger or piece of pizza. Good luck to you girlfrand!
  • essence3440
    Options
    Hi!
    Don't beat yourself up for eating the bad things or craving crappy foods, it happens because guess what we're human. When I'm in a situation like that, I eat lots and lots of fruit and drink plenty of water. When I get a crazy craving, I grab a NutriGrain bar or a Special K fruit bar to kill the sweet craving. You'll be okay just grab healthy snacks to kill the crazy craving. Even if chocolate is one of your cravings, Special K has a bar with chocolate on it. You'll get through this.
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    alot of the five pounds must be water surely just start again fresh and im sure it will fall off again i am struggling today after 4 days doing really well and finding it quite easy now all i can think of is food feel free to add me we could help eachother :)
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    We all have times like those. The important thing is to realize everyone does it and it is fixable. It happened, and right now the only thing you can do is remember how it feels in the aftermath so next time you can say no to some of those things. There is no time like the present to get back on track.
  • turkishmelly
    turkishmelly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Its so easy to gain a pound and hard to lose it. :)
  • Gay11nell
    Gay11nell Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Just start from where you are! That 5lbs will be gone in no time.
    This is a journey - Sometimes we like to visits old places-but we never stay long. lol lol lol
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I've been there, definitely! You'll be surprised how quickly those 5 pounds will come off once you get back to your normal eating habits and routine, and will be very psyched to see it reflected in the scale! We have all been there, and the best thing to do is look forward.
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    Ah yes, that day of eating well after indulging. Been there. I was so darn hungry. All my indulgent foods were calling my name. It takes lots and lots of self control and lots of veggies to shut that voice up. I had an indulgant day Saturday and yesterday was brutal. I tried to keep myself busy and then snacked all day long on veggies and every meal I made, I made sure it was loaded with veggies so it helped fill me up more cause my tummy would have been rumbling otherwise.

The first day is always the worst, but it does get much better the second day.

Good luck
  • SSGirlLV
    SSGirlLV Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    We all have bad times. Don't beat yourself up and get back to business! I have been working out and watching what I am eating for over a month and have lost 2 lbs! It is a bummer and I want to quit all the time but I don't. Just keep on going!! You can relose that 5lbs and lose more!!

Good Luck!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    When I got home from vacation about two weeks ago, I was up five pounds. I just have tried to keep on track the past two weeks and guess what - it's gone! Hang in there!