Low Cal, Low Sodium Dinner Ideas???

fultzjaf
fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member
So I need some dinner ideas, hopefully easy and quick too that are low in cals and sodium. I'm trying to keep on track and it is really hard lately. I'm a picky eater and not a great cook. So, if anyone can help out there please do! Thanks! :wink: \

P.S. I could use good ideas for all 3 meals of the day really. I need to stay low in sodium, fat, cals, and sugar!

Replies

• p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Bizzzzump.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Baked potato with some veggies? That's what I'm having :D It's pretty low-cal and low in fat, sodium and sugar. The potato may be a little high in carbs to some people, but it's still really filling!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    I've been keeping a watchful eye on my sodium and calorie intake too!

Last night I had grilled chicken breast, steamed broccoli, and a red lentils/no-salt added black beans/brown rice mix on the side.

Incredibly filling, super low sodium for a meal that size! About 500 cals for everything. Still not hungry this morning.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    All I ever eat for dinner is baked/dry fried fresh meat/fish/chicken with steamed/roast vegetables. Variation on the meat seasoning and variation on the veg.

You can't go wrong if you cook raw ingredients, just dont add much salt :bigsmile:
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    spinach sauteed with lots of fresh garlic and a bit of olive oil.
  • fultzjaf
    Thanks everyone! I need to start being less picky I guess, hehe. Fish I so yuck for me, but I know it's one of the best things for you. Veggies, well I like a few so I am going to try and get some from the store and just stick with what I know I'll eat. Thanks again!
  • I've been trying to keep a watchful eye on these categories as well and this recipe has become one of my favorites. It's cheap, healthy and takes about 15 minutes to make.

Almond Crusted Tilapia (serves 2)

Ingredients:
    1/4 cup almonds
    2 tbsp. breadcrumbs (you could also bake a slice of bread in the oven for 5 minutes, each side, at 300 degrees and then place in a food processor to save some calories and sodium)
    1 tsp. Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning
    1 tbsp. dijon mustard
    2 (6oz.) tilapia fillets
    Chopped fresh parsley

Directions:
    Place first three ingredients in blender or food processor for 45 seconds or until finely ground.
    Transfer crumbs to a shallow dish.
    Brush mustard over both sides of fillets.
    Dip into crumb mixture.
    Apply non stick spray in skillet over medium heat.
    Add fish to pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
    Sprinkle with parsley.
    Enjoy!

I eat it with a serving of Steamfresh rice and vegetables with a teaspoon of Smart Balance Butter and Mrs. Dash seasoning.

If you use the sliced bread to make your own breadcrumbs:
    Calories: 208
    Carbs: 7
    Fat: 6
    Protein: 34
    Sugar: 1
    Sodium: 155
  • boisevore
    boisevore Posts: 14 Member
    Google happy herbivore mexican stuffed peppers, I would post a link but were not supposed to. Anyway I had those a few weeks ago and they are one of our favorite meals now
  • jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Chicken, rice, low sodium beans, turkey burgers, and grilled veggies.
    Also you may check out the Hungrygirl under 200 cookbook, some good ideas in there and always on line. Cooking light is a good resource too.
  • fultzjaf
    Thanks everyone!
  • i've had almond crusted tilapia in a restaurant, but never tried making it myself. It was really good, I'm definitely going to have to try it sometime now that you've posted a recipe!!
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    just made homemade tortilla soup...a good portion is about 150 calories... found it on all recipes.com

breakfast- cream of wheat

lunch salad with grilled chicken