Headaches

Options
Ever since Monday when my mother and I restarted using MFP again after a few months hiatus... I've dropped about 5 pounds (not sure if that was water weight or what.... basically I lost all the weight I've regained the last 4 months) and been having almost daily headaches.

Could it be because of the sudden weight loss? I'm drinking more water, and limiting myself to 1-2 coke zeros a day. ;

Replies

• jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If you were drinking a lot of cokes before, it could be caffiene withdrawl.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I had really bad headaches when I first started. I think it is your body's response to the change in eating habits. They lasted for a few weeks and then one day, I woke up and they were gone! :) Make sure you are drinking a lot of water - this will help flush the junk out of your system.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Yeah depending on how much caffeine you were in-taking that can be the cause. A lot of things have caffeine in them, teas, coffees, sodas, some medicines, some supplements. And they headaches SUCK.
  • christmre
    christmre Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Definitely sounds like caffeine withdrawal to me.
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    It's probably the caffeine withdrawal. I've had that before when trying to quit coffee (stupid, stupid, never doing that again). Headaches are a pain but they should go away in a day or two.
  • 202685tracy
    202685tracy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Could also be sugar withdrawl
  • Roo1026
    Roo1026 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Also after looking at your diary (unless your not logging everything) I get headaches when I am not eating enough. Hope this helps, and good luck!!!
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Constant headaches can be something really simple but can also be something VERY serious!!!
    Check your blood pressure, make sure this is ok.
    If the headaches persist contact your doctor.
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Caffiene withdrawl can cause headaches.
    Diet soda can cause headaches (even one per day).
    Not drinking enough water can cause headaches.
    Not eating nutritious food can cause headaches.
    Sugar imbalance can cause headaches.

Personally, I'd cut back even further on the coke zeros. I'd try to drink a bit more water. I'd make sure my diet was rich in fruits, nuts and vegetables, with enough balance in electrolytes to keep your system in tip-top shape.
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Also, based on your diary the last few days, you're not getting anywhere near enough calories to function in a healthy way. Make sure you're getting your minimum number of calories per day so you don't go in starvation mode! (Another MAJOR cause of headaches)
  • DMRN0125
    DMRN0125 Posts: 87
    Options
    I have to second what ROO1026 said. I am hoping that you aren't tracking all your food because your diary is showing you eating very little throughout the day. Low blood sugar with high sodium intake could be the culprit. I think we need more information and as others have said, if they persist or increase in intensity, consult with your doctor.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    how many coke zeros were you drinking? it might be caffeine withdrawal...if so, it takes at least a week for that to go away
  • MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Getting my calories in every day, just not logging all the time (plus being out of power! LOL).
  • DMRN0125
    DMRN0125 Posts: 87
    Options
    ok phew!! Then it seems it could be caffeine withdraw and/or just your body adapting to fewer calories and less sugar. Our bodies become used to what we give them and when we change something, sometimes it takes time to adjust.