Workout Videos: Suggestions Please

Options
I'm just about finished Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred workout video and I'm looking for something new to start once I finish it. What I loved about 30DS is that it is short (27 mins including warmup/cooldown) and super effective. I'm open to longer workouts as long as they ahve the option to shorten as time is an issue for me. It's easier for me to do 2 or 3 short workouts then one extended one. What I didn't like is that some of the moves were too high impact for me as I'm still quite big (230lbs) so I had to modifiy some of the exercises on level 3.

I'm looking for suggestions for what other people have tried and enjoyed with good results. Please share!

Replies

• simplysara9
    Options
    I enjoyed the Insanity workouts. The first month is 30 - 45 minute workouts and can be high impact. You can modify the workouts though if it's too much on your knees etc.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Jillian has some other good ones--no more trouble zones, banish fat boost metabolism, and cardio kickbox are some of my faves. The first two are 42 min, about 55 with warmup/cooldown, divided into 7 six minute circuits (so you can pick and choose). The last is about 30, 2 15 min circuits...
  • Jen2ssaint
    Options
    Jillian's Ripped in 30 is alot like the 30 DS but it has 4 workouts instead of 3. I highly recommend it. It is also only about 30 min.
  • kat_renee
    kat_renee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Turbo Jam!! It's like kickboxing but better. There are videos from 20 mins. to 45 mins, and it also has an ab wkout and sculpting. You can go to Beachbody.com to order it. :)
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    If you are looking for short & effective, I suggest the 30 Minutes to Fitness series by Kelly Coffey-Meyer. I really enjoy her workouts. I have Circuit Burn, Bootcamp, & Weights. I think all of them are really good. Some of the moves are high impact, but she does have a modifier to show the moves without having your feet leave the ground. She's straightforward & isn't really annoying (which JM can be...at least to me). I did 30DS before, but I prefer something like Circuit Burn better. The dvd's are a li'l more than JM's. They're around $20 but you may be able to find them a little cheaper on ebay. Can find the dvd's on Amazon or on KCM's website coffeyfit.com.

Hope you find something you like!!
  • raniro
    raniro Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for asking this question. I have some of the prevention magazine videos which are more beginner geared I think (good for me as I'm a lazy butt). But it is great to hear reviews from others on different videos! I may have to put a couple of the JM videos on my shopping list!
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Thank you for asking this question. I have some of the prevention magazine videos which are more beginner geared I think (good for me as I'm a lazy butt). But it is great to hear reviews from others on different videos! I may have to put a couple of the JM videos on my shopping list!

I used to do the Prevention Series 3-2-1 Circuit Training and it used to kick my butt. After upping my effort and hitting the 30DS hard I went back and now find the Prevention one to be too easy. It was a bit of an NSV to fly through the workout that used to kill me :) I highly reccomend 30DS. It's hard and it hurts but JM is my new fave. Good luck!