How much is too much exercise???

Options
So, I have been working out consistently for the last 2 months or so. I haven't seen a big change in weight, which is a little disappointing but I have seen a change in my body composition. I have recently signed up at a gym, which I swore I would never do, but it was in a price range that I can afford so I said why not. I don't know if I am working out too much or not enough. I work out at least 6 days a week, and of those 6 days, all of them involve either JM's Ripped in 30 or 30DS. I also 4 days a week go the the gym for additional 20-30 mintues of cardio and an 30-60 minutes of weight training. I am sore, but never in pain, and the more I work out the less sore I am. So the question is, am I working too hard or should I do more. I feel like I could do more, but I am also desperately trying to lose weight. I have another 100lbs to lose with no particular time frame in mind, but a good goal for me is about 10lbs every month to month in a half. Any tips or insight would be welcome.
Thanks guys!

Replies

• SusuToYou
    Options
    I don't know how much is TOO much. But like you, I've been working out regularly and haven't really seen the scale move much. However, I AM down two pants sizes and a boatload of inches. I just remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint. Just keep working it!
  • jmatcjs
    jmatcjs Posts: 1
    Options
    I have started bootcamp four days a week and I have noticed that the scale is going up and my pants are actually tighter... I am trying not to get discouraged and trying to convince myself that it is muscle. I am going to have to stay off of the scale to keep motivated to work out. Keep working out though especially if you see a difference in your body composition.
  • Oplesandbanonos
    Oplesandbanonos Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You just gotta remember that muscle weighs more than fat. so even if the number sdon't go down on the scale, the fact that you are losing inches is everything.
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Remember that losing weight is 80% "diet" and 20% exercise. I put diet in quotes because I don't mean a fad diet, I mean eating healthy and properly. So if I were you I would take a very close look at how I'm eating and see if perhaps something needs to change there. Like you, I exercise a LOT but I also try to eat very healthy and try to make sure I am eating right to fuel my body for my workouts and I have been consistently losing over a pound on average every week.
  • dreaasha
    dreaasha Posts: 31
    Options
    Stay away from that scale, girl! All it'll do is bring you down. Go by how you feel, how your clothes feel. Eat healthy, stay within your calories, and your body will change.