I really blew it this weekend

Options
OK so this is week 2 for me on mfp, and i was feeling really good about all my trips to the gym, etc.

But this weekend I lost my mind and made so bad choices...I knew it each time too.

So today I logged all my stuff from the weekend and went over my calories both sat and sun.

The only thing I did good was go to the gym for an hour.

I have got to get more WILL POWER seriously.

Thanks for reading.

I WILL DO REALLY GOOD THIS WEEK AND GET BACK TO WORK GUYS!

Replies

• pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Don't worry you are not the only one! I blew it also !!!
    Will power is hard sometimes to get! but don't give up! You will achieve your goal !!! :)
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I blew it too!

It's called living and sometimes we have to enjoy ourselves. We can always hop right back on the bandwagon this week and make up for it.
  • hopelsslyh0peful
    hopelsslyh0peful Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i blew my weekend too. dont worry i know i did bad so now i have to make up for it this week..i mean the this whole thing is a process and for most of us a life style change..so as long as we make sure to go back on track..a few days every now and then is ok to get off track
  • megamoo04
    megamoo04 Posts: 269
    Options
    i blew it too :(
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    it's ok! I had a horrible WEEK all last week and I am just starting fresh today. A few days doesn't erase all your progress... it's really just a mindset. You don't have to be perfect, just persistent.

Keep it up! :smile:
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I let myself go on Saturdays (within reason), and sometimes skip logging altogether. I accidentally blew it Sunday just because of circumstances. It happens. Shake it off. Today is a whole new day. :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Okay, so this weekend sucks, but now what matters is what you're doing about it today . . . we all have weak moments (I was terrible last night, drank a half bottle of wine then topped it off with a dessert), but hey it happens (just not regularly).
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Weekends are the demise for people. It's easy during the week because of routine, but weekends is when people let their guards down.

This is why I believe in moderation instead of dieting.
  • jamieannmcgee
    Options
    we all make mistakes! make it a lesson learned. you felt bad about it, now feel good enough that itll never happen again! you can do it!
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You don't have to be perfect, just persistent.

WORDS TO LIVE BY!!!

I did poorly this weekend too and I will just get back into it today. Can't live in the past, right?
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    me too! but its a new week and i'm here again so...i'm not going to beat myself up over it.....it happens......i'm here now and back on track...and you are too.....just keep moving forward! :):flowerforyou:
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    No sweat. The weekend's over, and your attitude is spot on. Good for you for logging -- that's not always easy when you've strayed a bit. But accountability is the name of the game, and it sounds to me like your head's in the right place. :)

I'm convinced discipline gets easier with practice. Remember how you feel today ... it might help next time. Forward we go!
  • konjit
    konjit Posts: 16
    Options
    you are not alone. the hurricane crap had every place closed or all foods sold out, so i ate terribly. back on the wagon today.
  • curryinahurry
    curryinahurry Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    SERIOUSLY THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR REPLY

I AM BACK ON IT TODAY AND FEEL BETTER

THANKS AGAIN ALL
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Most of my calories this weekend were courtesy of Miller Brewing Company, so I understand the whole "I blew it" thing. :drinker: :laugh:

On the other hand, I had a really great vacation weekend at the cottage with my DH and family, so - yes, I knew better, but decided to have myself a weekend and get back to it today.

Don't beat yourself up. Just get back to what you know you can do - i.e., make healthy choices and get some exercise time in. That way when the moments come when you're presented with unhealthy choices, you don't have to worry about them.
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You don't have to be perfect, just persistent.

WORDS TO LIVE BY!!!

I did poorly this weekend too and I will just get back into it today. Can't live in the past, right?

agreed! I used to get SO disappointed in myself when i "messed up" and it would almost always lead to me giving up. This time around, I just keep coming back to mfp every day, and get motivated by everyone's workouts. I just push through my bad days until I have good ones again.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I dont think you blew it.. If you are striving for a healthier you..then you are already on that road and cannot veer off of it. Life happens while we are trying to lose weight..so dont worry.

I have been at this for about 4 months..and between Friday night and Saturday lunch..I ate what I wanted..granted..I did gain a pound..but who cares..I am in this for the long haul.. I knew full well what I was doing..but didnt mind since I knew I was putting in a lot of hard work

So go ahead and splurge a bit..workout when you normally do..cause at the end..you want to be a happier healthier you..not a skinny person who is afraid of a cookie..
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Ditto. My wife and kids always trip me up. I mess up most weekends. When football season starts, I'll be messing up every Sunday and sometimes Monday.

I try to make up for it on the weekdays.
  • brittaniej
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Went out with friends and blew it. It's Monday so I'm going to.start over and stay diligent. Stay strong.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Weekends are the demise for people. It's easy during the week because of routine, but weekends is when people let their guards down.

This is why I believe in moderation instead of dieting.

^^^^ THAT! I think you'll find that there's a variety of ways to have success. Some people need to write off their weaknesses completely because they don't know how to step back and do it reasonably with portion control, 1 morsel passes over their lips and it's a full on hard core binge. Others, however, find it easier to still consume their "offensive" foods. I've gone for option 3: I substitute.
    The dessert I was talking about was a gluten free cupcake, without icing, and 1/2 cup light ice cream on top. I have friends that would have this desser and, like me, get to the end of it and go back and eat another cupcake and just sit down with the carton. Know your limitations and figure out a way to reign them in. Except wine, there's no substitue for wine.