Christmas ONEderland! (Open)

Options
This is for all of us who would like to reach "ONE-derland" by Christmas. This means, we need to reach 199 by then.

To join, post with:

A little about you:

Then, each week, come back and weigh in. Please only weigh in once a week. You can weigh in on whatever day you wish. Our last weigh in day will be December 24th (Christmas Eve).

My sign up post:

Starting weight for challenge: 214.6
A little about me: I'm a mom to a 2 year old boy and I babysit a 21-month-old boy 40+ hours a week. Plus I work part-time (as needed) at a frozen yogurt place!

Replies

• DMRN0125
    DMRN0125 Posts: 87
    Options
    I wish i could join but 48 pounds in 17 weeks is a little too lofty a goal. Good luck to all who join!!
  • jinkies54
    jinkies54 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello. Thought this was a nice coincidence with my own plans. Originally I had planned for my ONE-derful Party for the New Years but I seem to be ahead of schedule. Here goes:

SW: 221 (August 9 2011)
    CW: 210
    MG1: 199 by 2012

About me: I'm 28 and just out of graduate school. Had a completely rough ride throughout it all with anxiety and depression which were both fuelled by food addictions. I've been big my whole life - last time I was skinny I was 8.5 years old :( This summer I've been down and out because it seems Social Work conquered Psychology while I was in school, and now I've graduated with what I was told, an obsolete degree. So I have to go back to school! Yikes. So, I have a year now before school starts up and I'm focusing on my health and just working easily at a part time job while living at home. I've started a Metabolic diet that's medically supervised and it just involves eating clean, exercise, and hardly any carbs until my BMI is down to 30.

I just weighed in today, so I won't do it again until next Monday. Hope to meet some lovely people here in the same boat :)
  • silverbullkitty
    Options

TODAY'S WEIGHT: 227 (8/29/2011)

A LITTLE ABOUT ME: I'm an office manager who runs the backend of a construction business from home. I am a mother of two active boys (6 y/o in 1st Grade & 4 y/o in Preschool). I love to go camping and spend time in nature. I love taking care of everyone else and everything else BUT myself.... until I found MFP! I truly love this website & tool. I joined on June 1, 2011 and have lost 28 pounds so far.

PS: I weigh in on Friday's.
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I've been big my whole life - last time I was skinny I was 8.5 years old :(

Me too! LOL It's funny (and sad), I was stick-thin till the summer between my 5th & 6th grade years, then I got chubby very quickly! Then turned to fat over the years, not just some chub. So the last time I was skinny I was like 10 years old.
  • sreimer07
    sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for this challenge: 229.8
    A little about you: So far since i joined MPF i've lost 30.2 lbs. I've been a big girl my whole life. And i'm tired of it. I'm excited by the weight loss and being able to fit into smaller clothes. I can't wait to hit Onederland!
  • knetterk
    knetterk Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm in!!

SW: 250
    CW:227
    GW:140

I was very heartbroken after me and my daughters dad split 3 years ago and have gotten bigger by the year! I am ready to have my life back, start living...... eventually start dating! Lol.. MAybe:)
  • Lillyzar
    Lillyzar Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This would be a lot of weight for me but this challenge is exactly what I need.

SW 244
    Dec 25: 199!!!!

I'm 30 and have two beautiful children. I've been at the weightloss thing for a decade now and I only seem to get heavier :(

Here's to a great end to 2011!

• lots2luv2
    Options
    I want in!
    Starting weight: 219.8

About me: I'm a stay at home to two girls. I was 120 until I had my first daughter from there I kept putting on more weight. I got up to about 230 lbs. When I finally started trying to lose weight. I have been down to 160 twice before but can't seem to keep it off.
  • mandimoore617
    Options
    Great to see others who want to hit ONEderland by Christmas! :-)
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Um....I'd love to jion, but I don't know if I could reach 199 by then or not....what do you think...251 to 199? Is this too lofty a goal? I am in competion with my hubby to loose 50lbs first I think this might give me an added boost. I would love to see the looks on relatives faces to walk in at Christmas 50lbs lighter! Right not to win the competion with my hubby I have to loose 45lbs....winning weight is 205.
  • gmz1026
    gmz1026 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in!! I have 20 pounds to go til ONEderland and I am determined to be rid of them by Christmas.

This was a GREAT idea, by the way!

Starting weight for this challenge: 219
    A little about me: I started my weight loss journey on May 9th of this year. I started at 250lbs and I've lost 31lbs so far! My goal is to get down to 175lbs, and then I will decide if I want to go any further. I seem to do very well with my eating/calories, but I struggle when it comes to working out. I was doing a good job for a while, but then fell off the wagon. Anyway, it's time to get it together and get down to a healthier ME!! Can't wait to see everyones weekly updates! :-)
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea. That was my goal ANYWAY, so what better way to keep me on track!

Starting weight for this challenge: as of this morning 222
    A little about you: Hmmm, not sure what to put here. I'll have to think on it and post later!
  • angijunbug
    angijunbug Posts: 205
    Options
    Um....I'd love to jion, but I don't know if I could reach 199 by then or not....what do you think...251 to 199? Is this too lofty a goal?

I feel the same way! The scale said 252 yesterday morning. Wondering if I could really loose 53lbs by Christmas?!? I would certainly LOVE to! Maybe it would make be work even harder to achieve it! Do we get punished if we try our best but do not get there?
  • candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for challenge: 214.5
    A little about me: I'm married no kids I work as a manager of a fast food resturant and I don't think I've seen under 200 since junior high or before so close now I need some extra accountability :)
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    You know what...I'm in!

a little about me...age 31

I am a Sahm, and in school for Human Services, I'm involved in a local Mommy Matters group....I have a lot on my plate! lol

SW 251
    GW 199.....if anyone thinks I'm nuts for this I already know. I'm going to give it all I got!
  • mandimoore617
    Options
    Um....I'd love to jion, but I don't know if I could reach 199 by then or not....what do you think...251 to 199? Is this too lofty a goal? I am in competion with my hubby to loose 50lbs first I think this might give me an added boost. I would love to see the looks on relatives faces to walk in at Christmas 50lbs lighter! Right not to win the competion with my hubby I have to loose 45lbs....winning weight is 205.

Well, if you look at the guidelines of trying not to lose more than 2lbs per week, you have 18 weeks till Christmas.... So at 2 lbs per week, you could lose 36 lbs. I'm not saying you CAN'T join, because you totally CAN! Just don't get discouraged if you don't hit the goal. I mostly made this group for those of us with less than 30 lbs to lose to reach 199, but I'm not going to turn away anyone. Just be sure you're doing it the healthy way!
  • DMRN0125
    Options
    ok ok.. All you lovely ladies have convinced me. I am gonna join! Hey its a lofty goal but it's a great way to stay on track and well see where I end up. =)

SW:249
    GW: 199... here goes nothing =)

A little about me: I am a nursing student trying to get fit. I have done the yo-yo diets with every plan imaginable and I am new to MFP. I haven't been under 200 since early high school so getting there will be a huge victory for me!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I am excited about this because it is right in line with my personal goal for the end of the year to be at my goal weight and done with the "losing" part of my journey

Starting weight for this challenge: 214 (let me confirm this tomorrow morning) 5'10

A little about you: About me....well I am a 25 year old mother of a almost 3 year old. I work for State Farm Inusrance, and I love life! I have lost over 50lbs on my journey so far and I would love to be at 175 or a little less by the time this is all said and done. I was an athlete all my life. Then when I hit college, I got homesick, was not active and discovered the dreaded eating out bug. Buy the time I hit 2008 I weighed in at 266lbs. 100 pounds more than I was 6 years before. I was devastated and felt like I lost myself underneath all of that fat. So I got a wake up call from my doctor that told me, "If you don't do something about this now you are going to die" Very scary situation and when I moved to Georgia in 2010 I decided to take my life back!
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Lovit It!!! I'm In

SW: 228.6
    GW: 199
    AGE 31

Little something about me: I'm a mom of a beautiful 1 yr old lil girl. After trying to have a child ( and having 2 miscarriages) for about 9 yrs I was blessed with a daughter. She is my life and my world and I want her to grow up in a healthy and active household.
  • amberleemoore
    amberleemoore Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I would love to get in on this challenge!!!

Starting weight for this challenge: 213
    A little about you: I was recently married in March of this year to an amazingly supportive man. He had two kids and I had two kids when we go together. So now we have four beautiful children. Should I mention that their ages are 3 years, 3 years, 22 months, and 21 months?!?! haha so I am a busy girl! I also am a college student with one two semesters left to go! Here's to being skinny for my one year wedding anniversary and graduation!!