Logging Piyo

Options
Any suggestions on how to log Piyo in my exercise report? Right now I am classifying it as pilates.

Piyo is a combo of yoga and pilates. It utilizes the balance and stretching of yoga along with the movement and strength training of pilates. For example, we might do a 15 second plank, followed by downward dog, then back into plank again. Or a knee hug beween flutter kicks.

Imput? Suggestions? Think I am doing it right?

Replies

• jamieannmcgee
    Options
    i dont know much about this but what about logging half to pilates, and half to yoga? like if you do it for an hour, 30 minutes to pilates, 30 minutes to yoga. i dunno if that would work, but if its a mixture of both, why not?
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I wear a hear rate monitor but if I don't have mine on for some reason I use the pilates classification also
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Wow great Idea and entering 30 of each excersize that is what I am going to do!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor with a chest strap where you can program your age/weight/height/gender/max hr... anything else is only a guess. This is about as accurate as you can get.
  • kjjohnson12382
    kjjohnson12382 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My PiYo instructor always wears her hrm and burns 600 calories in about an hour. That might be a better gauge bc MFP only gives you a couple hundred calories for Pilates or yoga when entering it manually. I'm putting in less than the instructor bc she previewed each section while we recovered, if the DVD is straight though, I would give more.