To: Team 5 Halloween

Options
Dearest ladies,

imahealthychic, PaulaJFranco, Symota, Goodluckbear31, Gulletgirl, KshoeMaker02, DashaDahling

I'm julie, I'm so excited to be part of the team! I have the tiniest pirate costume all lined up for Halloween :laugh: I'm 26 and I'm Irish. Unfortunately I have some health issues so I've spent a lot of time on steroids over the past few years and consequently my weight jumped up 46 pounds. I am in the process of being weaned off them (4 weeks so far phew) and I have decided to transform myself into a beautiful butterfly :laugh: P.S. the profiler is me before those 46 pounds and I put it up to remind myself that eating cake is exactly how I got into this situation in the first place :laugh: so far it's been pretty good motivation. I can't wait to get to know you all and I wish everybody a fabulous week :flowerforyou:

Julie

Replies

• iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome to team 5, Julie!
  • gullettgirl
    gullettgirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the team!!!
  • fortysixpounds
    fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies :)

How is everybody going this week?!
  • fortysixpounds
    Options
    hey ladies, do we hav a specific weigh in da? I just changed mine to friday. Hows everybody going? Is it 7 wks left now? eek :)
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Fridays.

Am not doing very well, for some reason I can't pinpoint. I am exercising for at least an hour each day, (usually c25k which really builds those calf muscles... ack!!) am under my calories (just... for the most part and am set for 1 1/2 lbs per week) am definitely getting my water.... The only thing I can think of that is stalling me is the fluid I am retaining. Between travelling for the past 2 w/e's in a car for long distances and hormones, I am still up from last week. I know it is probably temporary but that doesn't make it a lot easier. Yes, clothes fit better and I even bought sizes smaller when shopping last w/e but I wanna see some downward numbers, dammit! I am thisfar from being under 300 lbs and I am being tortured with it for the past 3 weeks. I am not giving up, don't worry... just hard.
  • fortysixpounds
    Options
    Hang in there chick :D it maybe that you're building muscle at the moment. Or it maybe that you're body's just getting used to the new routine. I've had minimal loss the last two weigh ins less than 1lb combined gaaaaaah!!!! despite being on my best behaviour :D so ur not alone but I think you're right and Im doing the same thing just hangin in there keepin at it. I have been mixing up my exercise too because I do the boxing but after a couple weeks I felt that I was starting to build muscle in my arms :o because Im mostly just using my arms with that so now Im doing dance. They say it doesnt really matter what cardio you do it burns fat from all over but I do think that while that might be true working the same muscle group would build muscle which weighs more and in the short term it's frustrating cos it feels like youre not moving. Im a big fan of the measuring tape for those weeks :D hopefully tomoros weigh in will be better though. Id like to see those numbers go down fingers crossed for both of us :D