Will Power - Or lack of it!

Options
Hi there!!

I am having a few will power issues and wish to get some advice from you lovely people!

Basically, I am not on a massive diet, I don't feel I really need to be, but I just literally have absolutely noooo will power. I just want to lose around 7/8lbs and I cannot stop myself eating junk. I don't keep it in the house, but I just cannot say no when I am out with people or by myself. Its very frustrating!

I exercise a fair amount and generally eat healthily (except for my lack of will power!) and I would just like to know how others deal with these issues.

Thanks, Naomi :)

Replies

• JLervold86
    JLervold86 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I keep healthy snacks with me so that if someone offers me something to eat, I will politely say no and eat whatever I have packed instead...that way I am still snacking with them AND not busting my goals. Usually I have almonds in my purse :o) Through tracking and realizing what is in all the foods I eat, I have gotten A LOT more will power to say no thank you so that I don't have to workout that much more later in the day to make up for it :o)
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    im the same apart from i want to loose between 14 and 28 lbs but have no will power at all this site and all the encouragement from others on here has helped me as i feel like im letting my supporters down if i eat wrong hope that helps feel free to add me if you like :)
  • socialite1
    socialite1 Posts: 109
    Options
    Will power really has nothing to do with it. You can do anything that you set your mind to. So what you're looking for is determination. If you're really determined to lose those few pounds, just do it!! What is the price for having junk food out with friends? Satisfaction for about 10 or 15 minutes? What's more important junk food or losing weight? Once you make losing weight a priority, those decisions will be a little easier to make (not totally easy everyday, but a little easier day by day).