Food for loss

Options
I know its important to eat at least 3 meals a day and even better to eat 3 meals and a few snacks in between for best results...

I just wanted to know everyones opinion...I work 2 jobs, and I dont always get an opportunity to eat that much. So most days I usually get an Iced coffee ad chocolate milk jug from Mcdonalds on my way in the morning...a small meal for lunch(usually a bowl appetit, or lean cuisine). And if its a night that I work at my second job a lot of the time I dont eat anything after lunch, but once in a while I do get an apple... On nights I dont work at my second job, I usually just eat what everyone else had but leave out the carbs. So it usually ends up being meat and a veggie...
On the weekends I tend to eat a little bit more, but still stay on track carb and calorie wise...

I know that eating this way could have the opposite effect in the long run, but what I wanted to know is...Do you think that eating this way will have a negative effect if this is the way I eat on a regular basis?

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    That just seems like a lot of processed foods (and therefore sodium)... try to add in a PB&J on whole wheat for some complex carbs, protein and healthy fats. A Luna or Lara Bar is a healthier snack on the go. Add some raw fruit and veg.

Just try to add in a little at a time until you can replace the convenience foods almost entirely. You will feel more satisfied and you'll have more control over what goes in your body.

Good luck!
  • kissandxmakeup
    Options
    I know it sounds difficult, but you should plan your meals ahead of time. Buy yourself a really cute lunch bag with matching thermoses (this is the one I bought: http://www.target.com/p/Thermos-9-Can-Lunch-Duffle-with-Flower/-/A-13026816), so that it gives you a little encouragement to bring your meals everyday. If I were you, I'd eat a good, on-the-go breakfast (try Jimmy Dean D-Lights Turkey Sausage Croissant/English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich, or Breakfast On-the-Go by Emerald [it's nuts and fruits] with a travel mug of green tea), and pack your lunch, snacks, and dinner with you. Try making lunch your biggest meal, and enjoy a small dessert when you get home. I like Snickers 90 Calorie Ice Cream Bars, Ghirardhelli Midnight Reverie Dark Chocolate Bars, or Turkey Jerky and Snapea Crisps when I want something salty. Hope this helps! Feel free to add me and check out my diary if you'd like. And good luck!!! :D
  • meggypooh
    meggypooh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ok, thank you so much for your suggestions!