Hi today is my first day

hi Everyone

Today is my first day and can't believe how easy it is to track food and exercise. I hope it is as easy to stay on track.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Hi and welcome and good luck. The only tips I have is to be true to yourself and put in everything that you eat, drink plenty of water and also I fill in my diary for the whole day and I stick to it. Keep us posted x
  • KaylaKilgore
    KaylaKilgore Posts: 160 Member
    Tip #1 for this site: You continuously get on and log your food/exercise and it keeps you getting on everyday and watching exactly what you're eating.
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Welcome to MFP!! This is an awesome website for friends and support. Please feel free to add me if you would like
  • Hi and welcome. The food diary and exercise log are great tools to help you stay on track but I can honestly say that it's the support from other members that is helping me to focus. I check in a few times per day if I can, and really get a buzz from seeing how my mfp friends are doing - I think the community aspect of the site is one of it's biggest assets. I recommend you find a few like minded people to connect with and feel free to add me if it helps (I'm in the UK ).
  • cynma
    cynma Posts: 77 Member
    :happy: Hi and welcome! I just started this month too and everything is very easy to follow. I am amazed with all the support from the people on this site. I am glad my friend recommended it to me. You can add me as a friend if you want and we can support each other. Good luck Cynma
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Welcome!! The people are fabulous, the site is super easy to use, and it really does help you stay on track!!
  • jamesdelong
    jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
    hello and welcome to the community. two things are going to happen.
    1. you are going to be motivated by all the wonderful and supportive people here
    2. you may get addicted to MFP. (as soon as I eat, i can't wait to log it in on my phone to make sure I am on track)

have fun and when you make friends with the right people here you can't help but to get in shape and logon to this site to see how they are doing too.
  • eatnbetter
    eatnbetter Posts: 105
    Welcome!!! It's my first day as well and I already like on MFP!!
  • It's my first day too:) We can do this!!!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Hi Newbies!

I'm pretty new here myself - been checking out the site for about 3 weeks, and joined 11 days ago! It's incredible to see how your whole ATTITUDE changes...............you begin to think about food and how you eat and WHAT you eat, even when you're not here :) And nobody's perfect, so we all support each other when we fall off track, and encourage each other when we're doing well!

You'll love it here - WELCOME, and have fun!

Polly
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Welcome! It is pretty easy to log food and exercise, you'll find that sometimes it can be hard to stick to it but we will help you along the way :)
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Hello! it is very easy if you are honest and can stick to it. It is true that the people here really help to keep you motivated. It is difficult sometimes, there will be bad days, but we all have them. Drink lots of water and exercise as much as possible, especially if you want to splurge every once in a while. Good luck!!
  • Hi Everyone

Thanks everyone for your support today on my day1 to making changes to my eating habits .